Job Opening for an experienced CNO to work for a hospital system consisting close to 600 beds. Nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services.
Looking for candidates with similar size hospital experience as a CNO.
- The Chief Nursing Officer has authority, responsibility and accountability for the nursing services within the facility.
- The CNO will focus on 5 key areas: People, Service, Quality, Growth, and Finance.
- The CNO collaborates with other members of the executive management team and physicians to fulfill the institution’s mission through safe, high quality and cost effective care in accordance with government regulation, licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Continuously works to plan, promote and conduct organization wide nursing staff performance; will be actively involved with the integration of technology into nursing practice including evaluation of new work flow and adoption of best practices related to nursing; participates in the clinical transformation and development and implementation of new patient care models; will collaborate and communicate with physicians to assure positive nurse/physician relationships exist in daily practice.
- This position is responsible for implementing measurable strategies to improve quality of patient care, service, nursing staff retention and create strategic positioning to reach established goals and maintain outcomes.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources to address complex issues are required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively across organizational lines and with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with suppliers and customers, inside and outside of the organization, and to effectively communicate with employees, the medical staff and healthcare management staff.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, values-based, energetic, enthusiastic, honest and professional with strong personal integrity who has a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem solving.
- An excellent manager who values employees and can build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization based on trust.
- Creative, flexible, positive and responsive to physician needs with good physician relations skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- A team player as well as a team builder who is able to delegate appropriately, make difficult decisions and lead by example.
- Current California RN License
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- Masters of Science in Nursing or Masters in Public Health or Business Administration required
- Eight (8) years of nursing experience in an acute care general hospital, including five years of progressively responsible supervisory and administrative experience
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (JCAHO, Title XXII. OSHA, etc.) on a conversant level
- Demonstrated success in promoting and implementing professional nursing.
- Comprehensive general nursing knowledge.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text