Job opening in a Psychiatric Hospital in the Dayton, OH region, for a Director of Nursing to join their team.
- The Director needs to be a “hands on” Director. The Director is part of the management team however it’s a small facility so it’s not an Executive level job.
- The Director needs to be involved with the staff and the department and know what’s happening on a daily basis. They want someone who is willing to be involved with the staff and not just sitting in the office.
- This position will oversee approximately 50 FTEs consisting mostly of RNs and Aides/Techs.
- They will be overseeing all areas of inpatients as well as the outpatient support services.
- They are a JCAHO accredited facility and they just passed the JCAHO certification for this year.
- They are looking for someone who is a strong leader, a team player, someone able to get them through JCAHO inspections, and someone who understands the struggle between patient care and compliance and can manage that as well.
- This is a working DON position, requiring training and educating staff and working directly with the disciplinary team, including psychiatrists, therapists, social workers and outpatient services.
- Requires knowledge of positions for MHTs and Nurses and recreation therapy.
- Does all HR functions for IPU employees, including interviewing and selection of candidates.
- This is a leadership position, requiring previous experience in a psych setting, management preferred.
- Knowledge of State, federal and joint commission standards highly preferred.
- This person will also assist in overseeing the agency infection control process and procedures, and well as be the contact for any nursing decisions in the agency.
- BSN required.
- Master’s Degree required in Nursing preferred.
- A MBA will not be considered.
- 5-7 years of experience in psychiatric/behavioral health nursing.
- 2-5 years of leadership experience.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text