Job Opening in a 300+ bed hospital located between Sherman, TX and New Boston, TX, for a Director of Quality to join their team.
While Quality is a big part of this job, they are more than willing to consider someone who has been a Director of Nursing in an acute care hospital that has at least some understanding of Quality. Candidates must understand, be able to manage, and have project management experience to produce change. Understanding LeapFrog, HCAHPS savvy, understanding bundle payments, value purchasing, etc are all required. They want someone who is a dynamic leader. This person will be overseeing all the Quality measures for the hospital as well as Patient Safety. Risk Management is not part of this. This position does have growth potential as well.
- The primary responsibility of the Director of Quality is to ensure that quality patient care is provided and that the mechanisms are in place for risk reduction and that processes are developed and maintained for improving organizational performance.
- The Director of Quality is responsible for coordinating and facilitating Clinical and Non-clinical quality efforts throughout the organization, as noted above.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Follows established policies and procedures, objectives, safety standards, and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Willing and able to demonstrate appropriate core competencies annually or as requested.
- In coordination with the CNO, maintains an effective quality management program with department managers.
- Through collaboration with other members of the management team, the Director of Quality incorporates performance improvement initiatives into strategic planning, organizational culture, and performance excellence for improved business and service outcomes.
- Participating in ongoing employee training of the quality program, customer service and safety practices.
- Actively participates in organizational leadership, identification of improvement opportunities, and policy development.
- Serves as Patient Safety Lead (PSL) for facility and collaborates in development of quality measurement tools for strategic planning.
- Leads HSC initiatives and projects such as National Quality Program and others as assigned.
- Engages medical staff, managers, line staff, and Board of Directors to develop, implement and maintain a successful written organization-wide Performance Improvement Plan/Program.
- Assures that programs, initiatives, processes, and policies are in compliance with state, federal, and other accrediting bodies/regulatory agencies.
- Collaborates with Senior Team Members and Risk Director for active and ongoing survey readiness.
- Organizes, and when appropriate, facilitates various committees that support Performance Improvement, and assure regular productive meetings with accurate documentation of committee activities.
- Manages data collection to evaluate organizational outcomes and submits accurate data in a timely manner as required by regulatory agencies; or as part of any volunteer/collaborative initiative.
- Partners with Patient Safety Officer in participation of LifePoint Patient Safety Organization.
- Assists in implementation of department quality initiatives and analysis of outcome data.
- Analyzes, shares and assists the interpretation of outcomes data with appropriate staff, medical staff, and customers.
- Facilitates any action as indicated for noted undesirable data and/or negative trends.
- Collaborates with the Risk Director in development, implementation, and tracking of proactive/reactive tools (RCA/FMEA) follows with further investigation, when appropriate, and reports data to Quality Councils or Quality Committee of the Board for review/recommendation.
- Serves as The Joint Commission expert; informs and educates staff regarding standards and assures that JC standards are maintained.
- Prepares reports for Quality councils, Quality Committee, and the Board of Directors; identifying areas of improvement. Suggests corrective action and/or reports on progress toward corrective action.
- In coordination with Department Managers, collects and reports publicly reported quality data, including but not limited to core measures, value-based purchasing, and other agencies as appropriate., etc.
- Fosters excellent customer service through role modeling, staff education, and compliance with Paris Regional Medical Center’s (PRMC) mission, vision and values.
- Assists the CNO in preparing (and maintaining) the organization for Joint Commission Accreditation, if applicable.
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Support the culture of service excellence throughout the organization.
- Actively seek ways to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and participate in professional development opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Bachelor Science degree in Nursing. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Computer and/or keyboarding skills required.
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication.
- Exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment and discretion.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to deal with change and actively participate in change management.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards initiating and maintaining continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to respond appropriately in challenging situations.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Prior experience in a health care management or program development position for quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Experience in statistical reporting methods and continuous improvement.
- 5-7 years of Nurse Management experience in a hospital setting with some experience in Quality
With a city population of 25,000 plus an additional 23,000 residents in the county, the population base serves as the hub for healthcare and retail for Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma. Our community is graced with dozens of vintage homes and unique architecture which sets the stage for a thriving community and a contemporary lifestyle. An array of cultural events, historical, scenic and recreational sites and community activities along with a rich selection of youth events makes this a great place for young families to raise children and older citizens to spend their retirement years!
In addition, you’ll find:
Two 18-hole golf courses; one nine-hole course
Lakes throughout Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma for boating, fishing, camping recreation (including Pat Mayse Lake, Lake Fork, Lake Crook and Beaver’s Bend State Park in Southeast Oklahoma.)
Regional junior college with recognized technology programs and health education opportunities
Year-around adult and youth sports programs
Four-year university only 38 miles away offering undergraduate and graduate studies
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Quality Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text