Job Opening for an Executive Director Hospice located in Georgia.
- RN’s Only
Located in Atlanta, GA, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with them to deliver patient-centered care in the home.
This is a Hospice Executive Director (Registered Nurse) position that supervises all aspects of patient care, all activities of professional staff and allied health personnel, regulatory requirements compliance, financial performance, and quality assurance performance improvement activities for agency. The Executive Director or alternate will be available on site during business hours and additionally, if needed.
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare / Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations.
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site during business hours or immediately available by telephone when off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as needed.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a daily basis.
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as needed basis.
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily basis.
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed registered nurse or licensed social worker or college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of documented experience in discipline/field of study with at least one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or oncology setting.
- Current CPR certification required for Executive Directors providing clinical supervision.
- Current Driver’s License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
- Additional State Requirements
- Must have at least one year of supervisory or management experience in a hospice setting or an individual with education, training, and experience in health services administration with at least two years of supervisory or management experience in a hospice setting.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text