Job Opening in a 100 bed hospital located in Southern Tennessee, for an experienced Director of Surgical Services to join their team.
The Director of Surgical Services is a Registered Nurse with clinical experience in the care of the surgical patient population. This director reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer. He/she must be able to work collaboratively with all members of the administrative and health care team and must be able to effectively lead others. This director is responsible for providing clinical and operational oversight to the units he/she manages and is responsible for ensuring the standards of care are met for the patients served. He/she is responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance and that staffing goals are met in the units managed. This director is responsible for the coordination of patient care, performance improvement and clinical operations of the units he/she manages. The Surgical Services Director is a working manager and may provide direct or indirect patient care within the hospital.
- Number of employees in depts: 18
- List additional departments the position is responsible for: OR, PACU, Central Sterile Processing
- Number of managers reporting to the director: 0
- Title the director reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
- BSN and Current and active Registered Nurse license in the State of Tennessee.
- Must have current BLS/CPR. Must obtain ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in a perioperative setting.
- Previous management, leadership, or house supervision experience preferred.
- Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management.
- Performs and oversees scheduling, staff development and training, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations.
- Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
- Provides clinical guidance and oversight to the patient care delivered.
- Coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
- May provide patient care when necessary.
- Ensures the patient care delivered follows nursing standards of care in a manner that promotes positive outcomes, avoids harms to patients and promotes health and healing.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals to provide care to the patients.
This city is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and the town is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north. The local State Park features campgrounds, LEED-certified vacation cabins, an Olympic-size swimming pool and modern bathhouse, a children’s wading pool, a paved bicycle trail, hiking, volleyball, tennis and a restaurant. A large lake offers 325 acres of fishing, row boating, canoeing and pedal boating. And golfers can tee off at one of three unique courses in the county.
- Huntsville, AL (65)
- Nashville, TN (80)
- Chattanooga, TN (140)
- Memphis, TN (170)
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the OR Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text