Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital, located in Western Idaho, along the Snake River and right on the border of WA, for an experienced Facilities Director to join their team.
- Candidates MUST have HOSPITAL facilities management experience.
- 25 buildings in total
- Around 400k square feet.
- Leadership is looking at facilities master plan currently with the very high likely hood of a complete remodel of the main facility
- 13 staff members, 11.6 FTE.
- Oversees bio med and security contract staff.
The Director of Facilities Management directs and coordinates the departmental functions in providing hospital needs for power, lights, heat, air-conditioning and water. In addition, he/she shall fulfill general service needs for maintenance of all equipment as well as the grounds and physical plant.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES:
- To assure transmission of light, heat, power and service utilities and the necessary repair and maintenance of said equipment and grounds.
- Advise Administration on matters pertaining to service utilities as well as establishing technical procedures and management functions pertaining to repairs and utilities.
- To provide technical advice and assistance concerning improvements of the hospital plant including landscaping, construction and repair. Work closely with Project Manager – Construction Services, architects and engineers.
- To assist in coordinating efforts and plans in matters pertaining to major construction with the Project Manager.
- To establish priorities for all items of repair and maintenance.
- Required: High School Diploma or GED or better.
- Preferred: Bachelors or better in Engineering.
- Required: Must be a high school graduate and have a journeyman rating in a related trade or equivalency of a sufficient number of years of practical on-the-job experience to provide the necessary background.
- Must have completed courses in management training and some form of vocational education desirable.
- Must have a least five years’ of practical engineering experience in various areas of hospital engineering, i.e., boiler operation, electrical systems and mechanical systems and have 3 to 5 years of management experience in a hospital facility.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred. ASHE certification preferred.
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follow the rivers for walking, jogging and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text