Job Opening with an Outstanding hospital in the Northern California Bay Area Market for an Oncology Director of Nursing – Outpatient Services to join their team. Magnet and Academic Hospital. Competitive salary, bonus structure, relocation allowance and fantastic benefits!
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, a non micro-manager with LEAN, Union and Academic Hospital working experience.
Position reports to the VP/COO of Adult Cancer Services.
- Will partner with the Director of Operations for Solid Tumor Oncology. The Director of Nursing of Oncology practices is a clinical leader and contributes to the development of the Cancer Center’s strategic goals and objectives as well as overall standards of nursing practice.
- The Director of Nursing is a member of the Oncology Director team and works within the framework of the mission and values established by the organization. Director oversees all adult solid tumor practices clinical operations, systems and processes.
- Working in a matrixed environment, partners to develop systems for integration with the broader health system (e.g. Infusion, Radiation Oncology, inpatient services, pharmacy, imaging, labs). Ensures patient care standards are achieved and in alignment with internal policies and external regulations, including at satellite locations. Serves on system-wide and cross-functional committees and has external presence in community and professional organizations and societies.
- Responsibilities would include assisting the VP/COO with annual goal setting, and assisting with the implementation of strategies to achieve the goals. Ideal candidates have RN or NP direct care and management experience in an oncology setting and are passionate about enhancing oncology staff, provider and patient experience.
6 Nurse Managers reporting to DON – Oncology Services with an 175 FTE’s indirect.
- Five years experience with cancer services
- Five years supervisory/management experience
- Registered Nurse in the State of California upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s Degree
- Extensive knowledge of clinic / center patient care management; highly developed knowledge of appropriate professional standards for a multidisciplinary team; highly developed knowledge of patient population served and the requirements for the delivery of services
- Advanced communications and interpersonal skills to promote an effective model of shared governance among multiple disciplines; ability to motivate and engage all levels of staff in regards to patient care programs, strategies, and organizational mission and values
- Advanced leadership, fiscal and operations management skills; ability to develop nurse / clinical leaders in their adoption and promotion of a shared governance model of collaboration
- Ability to develop a systems strategic plan and implement vision across a large, complex organization
- LEAN experience
- Union experience
- Active Nurse Practitioner licensure in the State of California
- Oncology Certified Nurse
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, as well as legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments
- Highly advanced ability to successfully direct clinic / center patient care and / or clinic operations including developing strategic plans, creating benchmarks, integrating programs and functions and fiscal management
- Management in a union setting
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text