Job Opening in a small rural hospital located in Central Wyoming, about 3 hours from Jackson, WY, for a System Director of Women’s Services and Med Surg to join their team.
The System Director of Women’s Health and Acute Care Services at will provide clinical leadership in the overall planning, development and effective delivery of services in the women’s health unit and the dual campus medical/surgical units. You will be expected to have a presence at both facilities. The bigger hospital has just under 100 beds and on average 41 OB deliveries a month. They also have a 22 bed Med Surg Unit and the Nurse to patient ratio is currently 6:1 but they hope to get to 5:1. The second facility has around 75 beds and doesn’t have Women’s Services. They have 19 beds in Med Surg. My client is seeking a VERY strong Leader, especially with Women’s Services Management experience; the staff is looking for stable leadership as well. Unfortunately they lost a lot of RNs due to lack of support from the past director and feeling worn out. They currently have lots of Traveler RNs filling in.
- Priority to ensure and provision high quality, safe, effective and efficient nursing care and support services to patients in the Women’s Health Unit and Medical/Surgical units.
- The management of the department encompasses human resource management, including ensuring sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care.
- The director will provide clinical leadership and role model respectful, constructive, interdisciplinary and collaborative communications, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Will positively influence and promote engagement and education of staff in evidence-based care practices.
- This position requires focus on patients’ and providers’ experiences and rounding to evaluate care, clinical needs, safety, and environmental integrity.
The Director will seek organization and workflow opportunities with staff and providers.
- Will assure that quality improvement targets, nursing care policies and care protocols critical to patient outcomes, experiences, satisfaction, and discharge needs are prioritized, developed, and reviewed with staff, patients and providers.
- Will assure that departmental and hospital-wide goals are supported and reviewed with staff and inter-disciplinary teams involved.
Directly accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Active Wyoming RN license or compact Equivalent
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience required
- Three years’ experience as a multi-department director preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience to include Women’s Health unit and medical/surgical floor
- Prior operational and supervisory experience within a complex medical center preferred
- ACLS Certification within 90 days of employment
- PALS Certification within 90 days of employment
- NRP Certification within 90 day of employment
This town is located about 3 hrs from Jackson, WY and is known for its recreational opportunities, entertainment, relaxation, scenic beauty, business opportunities and just plain fun! Sinks Canyon State Park is nearby offering beautiful scenery and the mystery of seeing a river disappear into the side of the mountain. Visit Historic South Pass City and Atlantic City, 30 miles to the south and reminisce about the late 1800?s and the gold rush. This city has numerous winter and summer events to keep you busy, for instance the Pioneer Days Rodeo and Parade (July), Wyoming State Winter Fair (March) and numerous other events. The city’s geography and mild climate offers residents full opportunity to enjoy the four seasons:
One of the least windy cities in continental U.S. (average 5.6 mph)
Over 240 sunny days a year
Elevation of 5,357 feet
13.4” in precipitation annually
108” of snowfall annually
Average temperature in the July is 86 degrees
Abundant outdoor activities within minutes of your back door: hiking, mountain biking, world famous rock climbing, canoeing, kayaking, hunting, fishing, photography, art, live music downtown during summer; summer festivals in local parks.
MORE TO KNOW:
- Local airport with service to Denver, CO
- Great public and private education opportunities for school age children
- Access to University of Wyoming via Central Wyoming College
- Close to Jackson Hole Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park
SLC Utah – 4.5 hours away by car
Billings, MT – 4 hours away by car
Denver, Colorado – 6 hours away by car
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text