Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital, located in Western Idaho, for an experienced ER Director to join their team.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
- Implements established policies and procedures of the Medical Center and Nursing Division, and interprets them to personnel, patients, Medical Staff, and public.
- Provides for effective and efficient utilization of personnel. Establishes an environment that will provide for the provision of quality patient care within the philosophy, objectives, and goals of the department, Division, and Medical Center.
- Plans, directs, and evaluates departmental routines. Prepares schedules in advance for utilization by the staff.
- Evaluates patient care, work performance, techniques, and fulfillment of nursing standards. Inspects department regularly for compliance with policies and procedures, goals, objectives, and philosophy. Takes appropriate action when noncompliance occurs.
- Meets with the CNO concerning staffing of the nursing departments, patient care planning, maintenance of supplies and equipment, problem-solving and staff development where appropriate.
# of FTE’s: Nearly 50 employees, but there are several PRN staff in that mix and this person reports directly to the CNO.
Beds: 12 beds + 4 in fast track with 2 hallway beds (if needed) and 4 for designated holds (rarely used) We see about 30,000 people in the ED yearly.
- Bachelors or better in Nursing.
- 3-4 years: Registered and licensed to practice in the state of Idaho.
- BSN or Bachelor of Science in a related field is normally required.
- Six years’ experience in specialty accepted in lieu of degree.
- Three to four years’ experience in specialty required.
- Management experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse, BLS
With warm weather and mild winters, this area has more sunny days than almost any other place in the Northwest! Recreational opportunities abound, from premiere waterskiing, jet boating, sailing, whitewater rafting, hunting, fishing, swimming, golfing, hiking and camping to shopping, family fun, and fantastic events. Miles of paved levee pathways follow the rivers for walking, jogging and biking. You can find some of the greatest fishing for salmon, steelhead, small mouth bass, trout and sturgeon. Snow skiing and snowmobiling are only a short drive away. Shopping in downtown provides many opportunities for antiques, art galleries, gift stores, viewing historic buildings and stopping along the way to dine at local eateries or to grab an espresso at the local coffee house. The mall houses a complementary mix of retail specialty stores, restaurants and service centers in a climate-controlled facility or head over to the Plaza for local retail chains such as Pier One Imports, TJ Maxx and Eddie Bauer.
Spokane, WA (104)
Coeur d’Alene, ID (116)
Missoula, MT (217)
Boise, ID (267)
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text