Job Opening for a Perioperative Services Director located in South Florida.
Facility size: 313 beds
Main surgical focus is ONCOLOGY
Also offer general, ortho, neuro, robotics
8 ORs for in-patient hospital; adding 4 out-patient ORs in December
Approximately 30 cases/day
- 10K sign on bonus
- Large, for profit healthcare system
- The Director of Perioperative Services shall direct, supervise and over-see operations of all Surgical Services Product Lines as assigned.
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility for multiple units which include but not limited to the Operating Room, Endoscopy, PACU, Pre-Admission Testing, Central Sterile Processing Department, and Same Day Surgery.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the perioperative patient.
- Serves as a clinical resource for the clinical managers and coordinators, anesthesia and physicians as well as other members of the perioperative staff.
- Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesia regarding concerns.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership ability and hospital operational ability.
- Ability to serve as role model and advocate for the professional discipline of nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Surgical Services/OR Director role required.
- BLS/CPR Certification.
- Florida RN license required.
- Oncology Surgical experience preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years Director level experience
- Ability to develop and maintain physician relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required – or enrolled in Master’s program, or willing to complete
- Masters within 24 months of employment. Current Master’s preferred
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text