Job Opening for a Perioperative Services Director, located in Rhode Island.
125 licensed beds, not for profit healthcare system
Directs the provision of patient care, and the management of the human and financial resources for assigned units/departments. Is accountable for measuring and monitoring performance to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care and the cost effective management of all resources Provides leadership, support, and resources to department Managers, and ensures nursing practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act and evidence based practice.
Clinical coordinators in place reporting to this Director
Over OR’s, ACU/PACU, Cath Lab
2,400 annual surgeries/850 pain procedures
- Integrates Service Excellence initiatives into daily operations, measures responsiveness to customers (internal and external). Amends plan based on feedback. Achieves targets in areas of patient satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Consistently manages all activities so that quality services are provided in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develops and monitors cluster quality initiatives (QA/QI) that interface with organization-wide programs.
- Maintains dyad relationship with physician chiefs of hospital services and collaborates to ensure quality patient care, associate engagement, patient satisfaction in accordance with the Hospital\u2019s goals and objectives.
- Works closely with all medical staff to build a trusting partnership in the development and pursuit of patient care excellence.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with leadership and staff in support ancillary departments.
- Participates in select administrative committee and decision-making bodies as assigned.
- Promotes a shared governance decision making structure throughout Patient Care Services both formally and informally.
- Participates in the preparation of operating and capital budgets in collaboration with the department leaders; forecasts demand for services and conducts trending analysis.
- Monitors overall performance of the department against a pre-defined set of outcomes measures of performance standards- financial, clinical quality and service, and implement programs to close any gap in performance.
- Mentors leaders in areas of responsibility including developmental opportunities and the creation of succession plans.
- Provides coaching, counseling, and other forms of support to staff that enable them to attain their quality management goals.
- Achieves Hospital goals through optimal coordination of department efforts.
Analyzes and responds to quality, productivity, and financial indicators appropriately.
- Develop (and update) clinical plans addressing: quality improvement; marketing/market share analysis; capital equipment planning; technology assessment plan; revenue issues (payer, capitation); and human resource needs.
- Actively participates in appropriate organizational committees.
Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing with a BSN.
- Master’s degree or matriculation in a program in Nursing or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years progressively more responsible experience in Leadership/Management
- NE-BC or equivalent nursing leadership certification within 1 year of hire
Current RI License
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Perioperative Services Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text