Job Opening in TWO midsized hospitals located in Southern VA, about an hour from Durham, North Carolina, for a Market HR Director to join their team. Candidates MUST have HR Management experience to be considered. Hospital experience preferred but not required. The CEO is looking for someone who is creative, innovative, and can think outside the box. You will be focusing on recruitment, retention, and engagement. This position will oversee 5 FTEs: 1 Market Recruiter, 1 Market Employee Relations Manager, 2 Generalists (1 in each location), and a Recruitment Coordinator.
The Human Resources Director (HRD) is a strategic partner to the Facility CEO and other leadership team members, responsible for defining, developing, and implementing human resources initiatives. The HRD is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all areas of Human Resources, including: employee relations, talent acquisition and assessment, compensation management, performance management, training and leadership development, policy and procedures, and managing a team of HR professionals. The HRD reports directly to the hospital CEO while receiving formal direction from the Corporate offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 to 10 years of progressive HR management experience with a concentration on Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Training & Development, and Compensation Management in the healthcare industry.
- Experience overseeing multiple facilities preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law, CMS, OSHA and TJC regulatory compliance.
- Previous experience overseeing the employee relations of a large number of employees in multi-site setting highly desirable.
Business Mathematical skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Advanced Computer Skills:
- Routine use of electronic mail and computer systems.
- Ability to incorporate complex and complicated functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management.
- Can present, resolve, and address delicate situations.
- Can motivate and persuade others.
Varied Business Problems:
- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation.
- Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedent and practices.
- Decisions impact the management and operations within a department.
- May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
Functional Independent Judgment:
- Provides and sets goals and priorities for functional area.
- May make recommendations for department policies, practices, and programs.
- Makes decisions for and/or resolves problems for others.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project over-sight, and resource allocation.
- Master’s Degree.
- Supervisory experience overseeing various HR support roles.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Market HR Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text