Job Opening in a small rural hospital located in Central Wyoming, about 3 hours from Jackson, WY, for a Market CNO to cover 2 hospitals in Wyoming. One hospital has around 80 beds, that opened in its present location in 1983. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, licensed by the state of Wyoming and approved for the acceptance of Medicare patients. The Hospital features a full-time Level IV Emergency Room, a Level II Nursery, a Behavioral Health Program and a Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. The community is the perfect place for people who love the outdoors. Here you can find world-class rock climbing, mountain biking, fishing, horseback riding and camping. The other hospital is a 130+ bed hospital. The hospital’s medical services and caring staff work together to provide patients with a completely coordinated continuum of care, from acute and sub-acute inpatient medical services to outpatient services and programs, including a 24-hour dedicated physician-staffed emergency room, intensive care unit, physical therapy and sleep study lab. The community is the perfect headquarters for any outdoor enthusiast, as it is the home of hiking trails to 13,000-foot peaks, crystal-clear trout streams and world-class hunting.
**Candidates MUST have CNO experience in an acute care hospital to be considered.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization. Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
This town is located about 3 hrs from Jackson, WY and is known for its recreational opportunities, entertainment, relaxation, scenic beauty, business opportunities and just plain fun! Sinks Canyon State Park is nearby offering beautiful scenery and the mystery of seeing a river disappear into the side of the mountain. Visit Historic South Pass City and Atlantic City, 30 miles to the south and reminisce about the late 1800?s and the gold rush. This city has numerous winter and summer events to keep you busy, for instance the Pioneer Days Rodeo and Parade (July), Wyoming State Winter Fair (March) and numerous other events. The city’s geography and mild climate offers residents full opportunity to enjoy the four seasons:
One of the least windy cities in continental U.S. (average 5.6 mph)
Over 240 sunny days a year
Elevation of 5,357 feet
13.4” in precipitation annually
108” of snowfall annually
Average temperature in the July is 86 degrees
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text