Job Opening in a 300+ bed hospital in Georgia, located about 2.5 hrs south of Atlanta, for an experienced CFO to join their team. Candidates absolutely MUST have FOR PROFIT HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE to be considered.
Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analysis.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- MUST have For Profit Hospital experience!
- CPA strongly preferred.
This town is located about 2 hours from Atlanta yet has everything you could ever want! Enjoy the Riverwalk that runs through town or the many museums, performing arts center, historical centers, opera house, or the numerous parks in the restored downtown district. They also have a military base nearby as well as a university in town. This is the 3rd largest city in GA. From Broadway shows to the State Theatre of Georgia – this city offers an array of venues with world-class entertainment. From the history of the foot soldier, the Civil War and prisoners of war – the city is home to nationally acclaimed museums. Visitors stroll back to genteel times in the Historic District where brick streets, ancient oaks and century-old homes are the order of the day. And they even has world class whitewater rafting! The natural flow from the river will create the longest urban whitewater course in the world. This incredible release will also restore the natural habitat of many aquatic species, including the shoal bass and fresh water mussel, making it a fisherman’s paradise. Come experience all the area has to offer!
Competitive Salary Range!