Job Opening in a 100 bed hospital located in Southern Tennessee, for a CNO to join their team. Candidates MUST have actual CNO experience at an acute care hospital to be considered.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
This city is home to a robust educational scene, including eight elementary schools, one middle school, three high schools, private education opportunities and college campuses. The county is also home to a thriving Amish community, and the town is recognized as the Birthplace of Southern Gospel Music. Festivals and celebrations abound throughout the year, including the Summertown Bluegrass Festivals and David Crockett Days. Nashville’s entertainment and cultural activities lie just 80 miles north.
The local State Park features campgrounds, LEED-certified vacation cabins, an Olympic-size swimming pool and modern bathhouse, a children’s wading pool, a paved bicycle trail, hiking, volleyball, tennis and a restaurant. A large lake offers 325 acres of fishing, row boating, canoeing and pedal boating. And golfers can tee off at one of three unique courses in the county.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Chief Nursing Officer Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text