Job Opening in a 100 bed hospital located in Southern Kansas, for a CNO to join their team. Candidates MUST have Acute Care HOSPITAL experience as a CNO!! Offering wonderful incentive package, competitive salary and bonus potential! They will consider candidates who are currently a CNO or ACNO.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
(Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization preferred.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
The city is famous in American culture for its history as a wild frontier town of the Old West. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 27,340. The city lies on the Arkansas River in the High Plains region of the Great Plains. Located in Southwestern Kansas, the city is 151 miles west of Wichita, 199 miles northeast of Amarillo, and 301 miles southeast of Denver. Whether you enjoy golf, tennis, hunting, fishing, bowling, camping, dancing or auto racing, the recreational opportunities in and around town are virtually unlimited. The Raceway Park, features a full calendar of auto racing as well as a 3,500-seat main grandstand. Completed in the summer of 2000 the Park is a state-of-the-art baseball facility, one of Kansas’ premier four-field multi-use complexes. The city also boasts a first-class soccer complex. The city also has a challenging 18-hole private golf course and country club, and an 18-hole municipal course and driving range. The famous ski resorts of Colorado are within easy driving distance, and hunters from around the country journey to southwest Kansas to enjoy excellent upland game bird and deer hunting.
The city celebrates its western heritage every year during their festival, a two-week extravaganza that features one of the largest rodeos in the nation, arts and crafts, fairs, parades, street dances, BBQ contests and much more. The city also features a repertory dinner theater, arts center and several museums.
The city is proud to have one of the finest public school systems in Kansas. The Community College prepares over 2,400 students in a wide range of academic fields, ranging from accounting to pre-veterinary medicine. Nearby Ft. Hays State University and Kansas State University offer bachelor’s degree completion programs through the EduKan Distance learning program. Master’s degree completion and adult continuing-education programs are also available. Newman University (based in Wichita, Kansas) offers bachelor’s degree completion programs in education, business and other specialties.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text