Job Opening in a midsized hospital located near Paducah, Kentucky, has a need for a CFO to join their team. Candidates absolutely MUST have FOR PROFIT HOSPITAL EXPERIENCE to be considered.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analysis.
- Recommends budget modifications as required.
- Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- MUST have For Profit Hospital experience!
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
Welcome to our town, a western Kentucky town near the Land Between the Lakes, surrounded by rich, green pastures and tree-lined country lanes. This town makes up a family-focused community, with a 23-acre soccer complex, public and private pools, community park systems, a library and a YMCA. Dozens of antique and gift shops offer a treasure trove of wonders; a Center for the Performing Arts draws Broadway productions to the region; and the county’s close proximity to Paducah promises an abundance of events, festivals, art galleries, museums, shopping and the city’s famous Historic Riverfront.
The Land Between the Lakes anchors the region’s many outdoor recreation opportunities, with 300 miles of shoreline; 170,000 acres of forest; 200 miles of trails for biking, hiking, wildlife viewing and camping; more than 1,500 campsites; a nature center; living history farm; planetarium and observatory; horseback riding campground and public horse stable; and an off-road vehicle area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text