Job Opening in a 75+ bed hospital located just over an hour from Tucson in SE Arizona, for a CNO to join their team. Candidates MUST have acute care hospital CNO experience to be considered.
- Has ultimate administrative responsibility for nursing standards and practice regardless of the practice area or reporting relationship of the nurse.
- Directs hospital nursing activities within context of hospital policies and procedures:
- Ensures continuous and timely nursing services to patients.
- Ensures nursing standards, practices, policies and procedures, in accordance with all applicable laws, regulatory and accreditation requirements are consistent with current research findings and national professional standards.
- Directs nursing service Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in hospital leadership functions.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders to design and provide patient care and services, including availability of sufficient, qualified nursing staff.
- Develops, presents and manages budget for nursing services.
- Develops and implements overall nursing plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives, to provide continuous nursing care and services.
- Develops, implements and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives and standards for measurement and maintenance of quality nursing care.
- Develops, implements and administers nursing services budget and expense control system.
- Prepares master nursing services staffing plan.
- Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing service to assure adequate hospital coverage and quality care.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates and hires qualified personnel to meet patient’s needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance and improvement program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement, audit of medical records, patient visits and counsel with hospital staff.
- Maintains communications with medical and administrative staff through participation in regularly scheduled staff meeting and involvement on hospital medical services committees.
- Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand.
- Directs, plans and implements orientation and educational programs to promote staff training and development.
- Recommends and participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services.
- Represents hospital in health care programs and professional organizations of associates to serve in a public relations capacity and to stimulate professional growth.
- Master’s Degree Required (MSN or MHA).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of CNO experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization.
- Prior experience in Joint Commission preparation and survey process.
- Licensed Registered Nurse with knowledge of nursing principles, theories and practice standards with verbal interpersonal and quantitative skills acquired through completion of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Discover soaring mountain peaks under extraordinary skies, rich history, and room to roam. With 275 days of sunshine and a temperate climate, the city is a year ’round destination for outdoor adventure, authentic history, and global cuisine. The city is located just over an hour from Tucson, AZ. Tucked into Arizona’s lower right corner, the County invites you to disconnect and recharge. The expanse of mountain and sky, from sunrise to sunset, makes flipping your phone from selfie to scenic simple. Discover a just-right climate, with short-sleeve temperatures, sunny days, and starry nights. Walk, hike, bike, or climb the landscape that bears the names of legends, like Chiricahua, Cochise, Geronimo, Slaughter, and the infamous Tombstone. You’ll find endless exploration and plenty of ways to get in your 10,000 steps. Settle into world-class birding hotspots that offer sightings of more than 400 bird species. The city is often referred to as the best seat in Mother Nature’s house. With a panoramic view of Arizona’s Sky Islands rising up to impossibly blue skies by day and star-splashed skies by night, the city is your ultimate vantage point for infinite exploration.
Shop galleries and farmers markets. Fill up on authentic international cuisine, fiery Mexican, and hearty cowboy fare served from food trucks, diners, and white tablecloth restaurants. Your inner foodie will thank you. Then sip award-winning wines or a cool microbrew. You’ll be amazed at the variety of attractions, activities, events, accommodations, and restaurants in town and the surrounding area. Looking to discover mountain peaks and cool canyons, military history and ghost towns, wildlife watching and award winning wines? This is the place for you!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text