Job Opening for a Program Director of Mental Health located in Idaho.
Hospital: 140+ beds
Experience: 3-5 years leadership experience
Education: BSN required, Masters preferred
Reports to the CNO
33 FTEs includes PRN staff
over IP and OP
14 Bed Inpatient Unit
The Program Director Mental Health Center, under the direction and supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the management of the Mental Health Center to ensure quality care is provided in accordance with the mission, philosophy, and goals of the Medical Center. Responsibilities include the direction of both the clinical and management functions; program planning, development, implementation and evaluation; assurance of quality and regulatory mandates, staff selection, supervision, and development; community education and marketing; and establishing a supportive, collaborative role/responsibility with the Behavioral Health Medical Staff.
The Program Director must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served in his/her department. The individual must acquire and/or demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He/she must be able to provide care with consideration of developmental status.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES:
- Plans and implements mental health programs designed to respond to the Medical Center’s Philosophy and Mission, community and client needs and new therapy techniques.
- Works directly with the Behavioral Health Medical Staff to establish comprehensive, quality mental health programs.
- Develops, reviews and revises Department job descriptions; marketing and public relations programs, with input from the Community Relations/ Marketing Director; departmental education and continuing education programs; quality monitoring systems and processes which integrate with the Patient Care Services and Medical Center’s quality program.
- Provides leadership for the Outpatient Behavioral Health Center assessing needs; participating in strategic planning for program development; and coordinating program implementation and subsequent evaluation.
- Oversees the clinical and management aspects of the Mental Health Center or designees.
- Identifies staffing requirements and strategies consistent with available resources; develops supporting job descriptions, evaluation instruments, and designs therapeutic programs which are achievable within allocated resources and consistent with community and patient needs.
- Develops & maintains a good working relationship between the units & physicians through role modeling, conflict resolution, & an open/flexible attitude to different treatment approaches and styles.
- Assures appropriate staffing, scheduling and effective program coordination.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to other institutional providers as relevant to department and division operations.
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility for the delivery of quality patient care on the unit including planning and scheduling unit activities and staff assignments, conducting regular staff meetings to plan and coordinate care for difficult patients, ongoing assessment of unit milieu and initiation of changes in therapeutic approach when indicated, monitors physician activities to identify and problem-solve with physicians any deviations from standards of patient care.
- Assumes management responsibility of the Mental Health Center’s operating expenses including preparation of annual capital, operating and personnel budgets; monitoring expenditures and revenues on a monthly basis; initiating appropriate cost containment efforts when indicated.
Beautiful small town with a population of 30,000. Outdoor paradise with lots of fishing, hunting and skiing close by. Nestled by two rivers, Snake River and Clearwater River (leads to the Pacific Ocean). 2 hours South of Spokane.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text