Job Opening in a midsized hospital located in Southern Virginia near the NC border, for an experienced Hospital Market CFO to join their team. The Market CFO will be overseeing 3 hospitals, all midsized facilities, in both Virginia and North Carolina.
The Market CFO provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility for a multi hospital system.
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required.
- Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports and public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in a for profit acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text