Job Opening in a small hospital in Northeast Nevada for an experienced Hospital Pharmacy Director to join their team. This is a “working” Director position.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the pharmacy department.
- The position requires extensive contact with the administrator, medical staff, nursing service, hospital staff, and nonhospital personnel (vendors, auditors).
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
- Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
Additional info regarding our Pharmacy Department:
- Services MSP, ICU, OB, Surgery, Cath Lab, and Emergency Departments
- Infusion Center, including chemotherapy (up to date with USP797 USP800 IV Compounding Standards)
- Employees (4 Pharmacist, 4 pharmacy techs, 2 PRN staff) – fully staffed
- Reports directly to the CNO
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or higher.
- Minimum of 3+ years of hospital Pharmacy Management experience.
- At least five years of experience in a hospital setting with management and supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Minimum five years of post-graduate staff experience
- Must be organized and able to develop a planning approach of program implementation.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professional excellence characterized by sound independent judgment, initiative, and a high standard of ethics.
A land of adventure, capable of stretching the limits of your adventure, meeting and/or convention to its fullest. The raw majesty of the Ruby Mountains and the rugged canyon streams will let you discover the unspoiled drama of the West. So whether your next adventure is a short trip up Lamoille Canyon, fishing at Southfork or Wild Horse Reservoirs, an ATV or snowmobiling trip at Merritt Mountain or just enjoying the many activities that the County has to offer, you will discover why “The Adventure Starts Here!” The city sits at an elevation of 5,060 feet. This high desert community experiences four mild annual seasons. Fall is spectacular, heralding in warm days and cool evenings. Winter months bring average high temperatures between 37-43 degrees with lows averaging between 25-31 degrees. Spring months bring warmer temperatures accompanied by cool nights. During the warm summer months the average high falls between 80-90 degrees. Much of the County’s precipitation comes in the form of snowfall. The annual average is less than 10 inches. The dry climate provides a moderate climate, making it an ideal year-round vacation spot to experience a variety of recreations and outdoor sports.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text