Job Opening in a hospital in South central Virginia near the North Carolina border for a Family Nurse Practitioner to join their team.
- Working in one of their clinics and seeing between 20-25 patients a day, all ages.
- The clinic is open 7a-7p so this will be a 12 hr shift working 3 days in a row plus some Saturdays.
- Responsible for providing medical services to patients of the Physician Practices.
- Such medical services may include history and physical exams, evaluation of specific illnesses and/or injuries, and planning for the effective treatment of diseases or injuries, both chronic and acute.
- Subject to approval from the VA Board of Pharmacy and under the supervision of the medical directors, prescribe medications allowed by the state for their scope of practice.
- Perform other services that have traditionally been reserved to physicians.
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner Program.
- A minimum of one to two years of Nurse Practitioner experience in primary care or the discipline of practice is required.
- Eligibility to prescribe Schedule drugs in accordance with the regulations of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia and licensed by the Virginia Department of Health Professions as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Current national certification by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center or other credentialing center recognized by the board. (See Regulations governing the Licensure of Nurse Practitioners published by the Virginia Board of Nursing/Virginia Board of Medicine).
- Current Authorization to Prescribe by the State of Virginia.
- Must have a current Controlled Substance Registration Certificate and American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text