Job Opening in a midsized hospital located North West Alabama, near Lexington, AL along the TN border, for a RN Cardiac Manager to join their team.
- Accountable for 24 hour, day to day operations of the cardiac patient care unit(s), and telemetry to include accountability for quality patient care, nursing staff performance and evaluation, budget development and management, and staff development.
- Required to demonstrate the ability to assess patient’s age, specific needs and provide appropriate care according to the unit’s policies and procedures.
- Promotes collaborative practice with other departments, physicians, and schools of nursing, and exhibits the ability to work with others, to find solutions to difficult technical or administrative problems.
- 31 beds Cardiac Care Unit ( 28RN FTE + 16 PCP) = 44 FTE & Monitoring techs 10 FTE
- Organization: Chest Pain Certified, 85K last year, Cardiac services is continuing expand avg 10-18 caths/day
- ADC 28-31
- Turn over an average of admission and discharge 10 per day ( these are the most time consuming part of the process)
- Recover post cath lab
- Manage the following drips Dobutamine, Amiodarone , heparin, Integrillin, Angiomax, Diltiazem, Primacor
- Nurse Patient Ratio: (currently 5-7(higher at times) and goal is 4-5days/5-6nights
- Increase Core Staffing (Vacancy rate)
- Increase Patient Satisfaction
- Decreasing RN Turnover
- Diversified staff from 25+ years to new grads
- Fast paced unit with lots of admits/discharges, strong charge nurses, unit is going through staffing challenges and working with corporate to adjust nurse to patient ratio
Director looking for:
- Experience on culture change, growing/retaining staff, increasing employee engagement, implementing best practices” hchaps tactics”, and processes on employee buy-in to initiate change.
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing with current Alabama RN License.
- BSN required or commitment to BSN in progress. (Exception: Nurse Managers hired prior to January 1996; RN with BS in health or business management experience)
- BLS provider
- This position requires 4-6 years recent hospital experience in which an advanced level of leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills have been demonstrated.
- Previous management experience preferred.
From the houses on the bluffs overlooking the Tennessee River to the beautiful and historic homes in the city’s downtown area, life in this town is full of beauty. Situated on the banks of the beautiful Tennessee River, Florence has a rich history. Nearby Florence is the site for the Alabama Renaissance Faire, held each October, as well as Arts Alive, Frontier Days Celebration, the Freedom of America Celebration on the fourth of July, an annual Trail of Tears Celebration, and many others. The city is an outdoor lover’s dream. Golfers pick from a variety of public and private courses. The river and its system of lakes offers a variety of recreational activities. Nature lovers and bird watchers find much to enjoy in the area’s public parks, camping areas and walking trails. In the spring, neighborhoods come alive with flowering dogwoods and azaleas, and the downtown areas buzz with activity as restaurants move tables to the sidewalk and enjoy another change of season. But there’s plenty to do indoors, as well. From exhibits, museums, classes and juried shows to theater groups and dance studios perform. A mix of manufacturing, service industries, retail, medical and financial institutions give the city stability and strength. This is a shopping and medical & educational hub for the tri-state area.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text