Job Opening for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner located in Western MD about 1 hr from DC, to join their growing team.
- The position is for both IP and outpatient partial psychiatric hospitalization program.
- They are looking to expand what we are offering in the substance abuse area so they are seeking someone with experience in that line as well.
- There is also a need for medication management in the college student population as they are providing the student health services programs for two universities in the area.
- They are considering offering more OP medication management for their primary care patients as they have a large multi-specialty medical group that the behavioral health providers are part of and they are looking at creative ways to meet the needs of the community.
- The Nurse Practitioner functions in the role of clinician, consultant, educator, researcher, and serves as a resource to the physicians.
- The Nurse Practitioner coordinates clinical services to provide consistent quality of care for patients in the healthcare setting.
- The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing evaluation and management of behavioral health services, collaborates closely with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Responsibility also includes utilization of skill in organization, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing care to the adult behavioral health population within the framework of the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts physical examinations, provides treatment, and counsels patients and families.
- Currently licensed as CRNP in Maryland from MD Board of Nursing or eligible for MD licensure.
- Must have PMHNP certification and recognized as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Must possess a DEA number and an active DEA license if job duties require dispensing/writing prescriptions for controlled substances.
- Must possess sufficient medical training to qualify legally and professionally to perform all demands placed upon them.
- Must possess and demonstrate complex problem solving skills.
- Must possess and demonstrate critical thinking with judgment and decision-making skills.
- Appropriate prior clinical and procedural experience as required for clinical area.
- Experience/interest in substance use disorders preferred.
The city is a treasure trove of historic sites and museums. Highlights include the city’s renowned 50 block downtown Historic District, our many historic bridges, the Brunswick Railroad Museum C&O Canal Visitor Center, and such Civil War attractions as Monocacy National Battlefield, South Mountain Battlefield State Park, and the National Museum of Civil War Medicine. Those who prefer the great outdoors will want to explore our 90 national, state, county and municipal parks, as well as recreational facilities which include whitewater rafting, the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve & Zoo, and minor league baseball. The county is also home to several fine wineries and breweries. If you have a passion for shopping , look no further. Here you’ll find hundreds of wonderful antique shops offering treasures from around the world, exquisite artist galleries, as well as delightful orchard markets and big name retailers. Whether you’re in the mood for regional or international specialties, you’ll love our many restaurants. In the evening hours, hang around for a live musical or theatrical performance.
The city is just minutes away from such attractions as Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, Annapolis, MD, Harpers Ferry, WV, and Antietam and Gettysburg battlefields. This town is located West of Baltimore, and about an hour north of DC. Big town living, yet small town cost of living, and away from the bustle and hassle of the big cities.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text