Job Opening in a small 50+ bed hospital located in South East Pennsylvania, near the MD and DE border, about 1 hr from Philadelphia, for a Lab Director to join their team. The Director will oversee 20 FTE’s Medical Lab Tech and Scientist (Generalists), Phlebotomist, Histo Tech, and Admin Assistant.
- The Director of Laboratory is responsible for direction and coordination of the personnel in Clinical Laboratory services.
- Activities included are performance of chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests performed in the laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Ensures that services are of the best quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner; responsible for recognizing results or problems that require referral to the laboratory pathologist; maintains performance improvement activities within the department and formulates the budget; work toward improving laboratory relations with other departments and physicians.
- Manages the Lab department and provides medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; consulting with pathologists; reporting results according to protocols mandated by the hospital and the public health department.
- Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree program
- ASCP certification is required
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred in a laboratory setting.
Less than an hour from Philadelphia and surrounded by lush countryside and rambling rivers, the Brandywine Valley is totally your scene. Sip wine, admire art, stroll gardens, or hike hills. Relax in a charming B&B or get an adrenaline rush high above the ground. Chester County’s rolling hills, rambling streams, and award-winning golf courses deliver everything from high-energy thrills to laid back relaxation. Cut through the waters of the Brandywine, or see the countryside on an invigorating hike or bike trail. The beauty of Chester County has served as an inspiration for centuries. Enjoy the enchantment of some of the area’s top gardens are arboretums, then rediscover those vistas through the works of the Wyeth family and other regional artists. Locally grown, small batched, and lovingly crafted, you are sure to sip on something special here in Chester County. Stroll through picturesque vineyards or visit the taprooms of area brewers for a true taste of the Brandywine Valley. Cheers to an exciting weekend – or Wednesday – or Sunday Funday. Shop ’till you drop in the stores and boutiques of the Brandywine Valley. Dig through antique treasures, scoop of one-of-a-kind designs by local artisans, browse the curated shelves of Main Street shops, or enjoy the thrill of saving at area outlets.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text