Job Opening in a highly respected children’s hospital along with a premier network of pediatric specialty and primary care providers, dedicated to providing the best pediatric care to children and their families for a Director of Ambulatory Services located in California.
The Director will oversee 13 clinics, with 6 on onsite managers (or shared managers) and with 200+ staff (Nurses, Clinic Staff, Font Office & Back Office).
The Service area will be fairly large, from Bakersfield to Fresno to the Central with expanding to markets that may go to Merced or Modesto. There is some travel (25%) to the role but within about 2-2.5 hours (Bakersfield and San Luis Obispo being the furthest).
The Director needs to be able to be clinically adept enough to be able to hold clinicians accountable, while helping top coach them to their highest ability. Making sure that Nurses are focused on boing Nurses not getting bogged down in admin work.
The Director will work with in the hospital Mission of being the Nation’s Best Provider of Pediatric Care and to be 100% patient and family centric.
Specialty Clinics (All Out Patient Pediatric):
- Maternal Fetal
- Infection Disease
- At least 5 years’ experience in multisite clinic Management (5 or more), with 1205(c) experience or rural health clinics, preferably pediatric experience.
- Must have strong background in Physician relations.
- If an RN, the candidate would need to obtain a California license but that would not hold up the start date since it is not a requirement for the job.
Key Initiatives / Objectives
- Ensure each Clinic or Practice is meeting the referring Physician and patient expectation for immediate access with specialty appointments within 3 weeks for all Clinics.
- Health System is moving from Athena EMR to Epic across the entire system. Need to manage the change with in the clinics to limit impact and standardize all practices to fit Epic Upgrade and to ensure that all Back & Front Offices are doing the same things in each clinic.
- Ensure clinics have standardized onboarding for all key stakeholders (Employees, Staff Nurses, Practitioners and Physicians.)
- Work with each Practice / Clinic Manager to create and be accountable to their budgets. (Total Budget of over $50 Million).
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text