Job opening in a 100+ bed hospital located in Southwest WV, about an hour from Charleston, West Virginia, for an experienced Medical Surgical Director to join their team. The Med Surg Unit has 71 beds and the Director will be overseeing around 73 FTEs.
- The Director is responsible for the quality of the care provided to medical surgical patients.
- Develops objectives, policies and procedures for the department cost centers to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of the hospital.
- Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice in the designated areas of responsibility.
- Accountabilities include: quality of service, fiscal management, regulatory compliance, physician, inter and intra departmental relations, personnel management.
- Responsible for overseeing departmental human resources functions including staffing, staff relations, orientation, education and competency assessment.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, as well as CMS and TJC requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current health care environment and future trends.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required.
- Bachelors of Nursing or related field required.
- A combination of 7 or more years of training, education, and experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Masters in Nursing, Business or Health Care Administration preferred.
- 2 – 3 years experience of management in a hospital required; Minimum of two (2) medical/surgical experience.
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact State required.
- Membership in a professional nursing organization preferred.
- Current BLS certification.
Located in the southwestern part of West Virginia, the city offers the best in family friendly living, surrounded by spectacular mountains, swirling rivers, and scenic countrysides. West Virginia is one of the top adventure destinations. World class whitewater rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, and hiking can be found right in our backyard. Enjoy all the benefits of a smaller city – low crime, less congestion, and a friendly and relaxing environment. The community is also home to many recreational activities such as Hatfield McCoy ATV Trails, golfing, tennis, hiking, and much more. Camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, tennis, youth soccer leagues, and more—West Virginia has it all. The state is famous for its white water rafting and has always been considered the greatest hunting area east of the Mississippi. The nearby 4,000-acre Chief Logan State Park is one of the most visited in the state park system. The park offers a 25-site campground, modern restaurant, outdoor amphitheater, conference center and wildlife center. The recreation enthusiast can enjoy 18 miles of hiking trails, a swimming pool with water slide, tennis and miniature golf. Some trails are open for mountain bike enthusiasts.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text