Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital located between Sherman, TX and New Boston, TX, for an experienced Hospital Pharmacy Manager to join their team. The Manager will oversee 8 fulltime Pharmacists and 10 fulltime technicians.
- Assists Director of Pharmacy with operational aspects of the department. Responsible for scheduling and budgeting activities.
- Works with Clinical Pharmacists and Clinical Specialists and oversee projects including formulary management, policy and procedure development, protocol review and implementation, as well as serving on interdisciplinary committees.
- Responsible for clinical and process education within the pharmacy department and with other clinical disciplines.
- Participates in performance improvement activities and educates staff about same.
- Instructs nursing staff on administration of parenteral medications.
- Interprets physician prescriptions and medication orders.
- Acts as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department personnel.
- Has units clinical responsibilities, attends multidisciplinary rounds, and performs clinical consults and medication regimen reviews.
- Oversees student program and precepts students.
- Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties.
- Works with IT pharmacist to maintain and update EHR.
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy and assume such responsibilities if the DOP is unavailable.
- Texas pharmacy license in good standing or ability to obtain license before start date
- PharmD from an ACPE accredited institution
- PGY1 hospital residency training or 3+ years of clinical pharmacy experience in acute care setting
- PGY2 hospital residency training or leadership/project management experience strongly preferred
- BCPS certification preferred
- Meditech experience preferred
With a city population of 25,000 plus an additional 23,000 residents in the county, the population base serves as the hub for healthcare and retail for Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma. Our community is graced with dozens of vintage homes and unique architecture which sets the stage for a thriving community and a contemporary lifestyle. An array of cultural events, historical, scenic and recreational sites and community activities along with a rich selection of youth events makes this a great place for young families to raise children and older citizens to spend their retirement years!
In addition, you’ll find:
- Two 18-hole golf courses; one nine-hole course
- Lakes throughout Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma for boating, fishing, camping recreation (including Pat Mayse Lake, Lake Fork, Lake Crook and Beaver’s Bend State Park in Southeast Oklahoma.)
- Regional junior college with recognized technology programs and health education opportunities
- Year-around adult and youth sports programs
- Four-year university only 38 miles away offering undergraduate and graduate studies
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text