Job Opening in a hospital located near Lexington, KY has a need for a Pharmacy Director to join their team. This is a “working” Director position. Candidates should have hospital pharmacy experience.
- Coordinates and provides the pharmaceutical care of patients for the hospital.
- Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy, required.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, preferred.
- At least 3-5 years hospital pharmacy experience.
- At least 1-2 years of hospital pharmacy leadership experience.
- Licensure: Kentucky Board of Pharmacy in good standing.
- Basic life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Manages drug therapy protocols as a part of an interdisciplinary team
Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug related problems
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff, healthcare professionals, and patients, and pharmacy students
- Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts
- Evaluates medication orders for accuracy and completeness prior to order entry.
- Checks for accuracy after filling by technicians
- Maintains adequate knowledge of pharmacy automated systems and computer software
- Ability to manage patients in an outpatient anticoagulation clinic, including operation of Point-of-Care testing, evaluation of results, dosing and scheduling
The city is nestled in Kentucky’s legendary Bluegrass Region among lush, rounded hills that become imposing mountains as you travel east. It’s a setting that makes for picture-perfect scenery at every turn. The beautiful views blend into the charming historic downtown with the notable architecture of its buildings, churches and homes. Nestled in renowned Bluegrass horse country, the town’s historical roots shape the culture of this vibrant community today. With many artistic offerings and attractions, this small town is rich in opportunity and entertainment. Close to Lexington, you can head in to town for the day as well.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text