Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital located between Sherman, TX and New Boston, TX, for an experienced Hospital Pharmacist to join their team. This is a day/evening shift, rotating weekends and on call. Our Pharmacy is open 7a-11p.
Interprets physician prescriptions and medication orders. Acts as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department personnel. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties. Responsible for inspection and monitoring functions to encompass all units in the hospital, including refrigerator logs, nursing unit readiness, automated dispensing machine performance, and regulatory compliance.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree or Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent.
- Graduated from an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Current Pharmacist certification or licensure in the State of Texas.
- Hospital experience required.
- Meditech experience preferred.
- Relocation and call required.
- Aseptic Technique/Sterile Products certification of at least 20 hours through an accredited ACPE provider or an accredited college of pharmacy course within 90 days of hire.
With a city population of 25,000 plus an additional 23,000 residents in the county, the population base serves as the hub for healthcare and retail for Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma. Our community is graced with dozens of vintage homes and unique architecture which sets the stage for a thriving community and a contemporary lifestyle. An array of cultural events, historical, scenic and recreational sites and community activities along with a rich selection of youth events makes this a great place for young families to raise children and older citizens to spend their retirement years!
In addition, you’ll find:
- Two 18-hole golf courses; one nine-hole course
- Lakes throughout Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma for boating, fishing, camping recreation (including Pat Mayse Lake, Lake Fork, Lake Crook and Beaver’s Bend State Park in Southeast Oklahoma.)
- Regional junior college with recognized technology programs and health education opportunities
- Year-around adult and youth sports programs
- Four-year university only 38 miles away offering undergraduate and graduate studies
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text