Job Opening for a Physical Therapist located on the Central Coast of California.
Evaluate and treats patients under order from the referring physician. Evaluation and treatment programs are developed through the use of a variety of therapeutic procedures and modalities designed to restore loss of muscle strength, range of motion, coordination, and body alignment, to control pain and to improve movement and function. He/She will function in accordance with their State Practice Act.
- Review patient information and evaluate the impact of the information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conduct and document a complete functional assessment of the patient in accordance with established guidelines and protocols.
- Design and implement an individualized plan of care, appropriate to the age and needs of the patient, containing functional and measurable goals with input from both the patient and family.
- Perform therapy treatment as ordered by the physician in a timely manner, in accordance with established hospital guidelines.
- Meet established key management indicators for productivity levels of 9-12 patient visits per day.
- Supervise, instruct, and train Rehabilitation Technicians in treatment procedures to be utilized while working with patients.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, families, other hospital personnel, as needed, regarding a patient’s progress, problems and discharge plans.
- Follow all approved documentation guidelines pertaining to the plan of care, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
- Orient patients to treatment procedures appropriate to their age and needs.
- Inform patients of a potential risk during any procedures.
- Establish and instruct patient, family and/or caregiver in home programs and discharge programs.
- Assist in the continuum of care process when a patient requires additional rehabilitation following discharge.
- Attend and participate in required department meetings, as well as other hospital committee meetings as assigned.
- Participate in department quality improvement process.
- Provide clinical supervision to Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Act in compliance will all regulatory, corporate and professional standards and practice guidelines.
- Provide input to the Director of Physical Therapy on clinical issues, and regarding clinical performance on LPTA’s and rehabilitation technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CA Physical Therapist License
- Current AHA BLS certificate
- 1 year experience – preferred
- Will consider new graduate.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) – preferred
- Constantly required to push/pull and lift light objects up to 35lbs.
- Required to walk, stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work with others and to perform a variety of assigned duties.
- Will be dealing with patients of all ages to include; children/pediatrics, adolescents, adults and elderly geriatrics.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text