Job Opening for a Manager of Professional Development and Transformation located on the Central Coast of California.
Plans, coordinates and implements orientation, on-going education and training for all new employees, contract staff, college students, and support staff. Utilizes innovative approaches at creating a learning environment that promotes critical thinking, knowledge and change using evidence based practice. Oversees and evaluates all educational programming in the hospital and clinics. Serves as the lead coordinator for the Pathway to Excellence program.
Develops, coordinates, implements, evaluates, and directs hospital and clinic employees, contract, student, and support staff in initial and on-going education and training as follows:
- Demonstrates the ability to develop instructional materials utilizing accepted staff development standards.
- Plans and coordinates conferences, in-services and seminars.Uses community resources for said conferences appropriately.
- Presents education seminars and materials in a professional manner with consideration to all learning styles.
- Performs educational needs assessment for hospital/clinic.
- Collaborates with all departments in assessing learning needs.
- Coordinates, supervises and directs educational programs provided by contract providers (example: Flex Ed, Cal Star, etc.) including advertisement of classes and instructions for participation to target staff.
- Manages and coordinates multiple projects professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
- Collaborates effectively with educational partnerships, student clinical rotations or internships and any other related organizations.
- Plans, coordinates and evaluates annual competency skills day for all staff.
- Assists in the development of competency and policy creation and evaluation both system wide and for department specific/job classification specific categories.
- Demonstrates knowledge in clinical skills and competencies that are being taught.
- Teaches and educates others considering all learning styles in education process.
- Adheres to the hospital’s policies and procedures and implements them in the educational trainings and processes.
- Utilizes qualified, community or corporate based resources to teach skills and competencies and maintains documents regarding education provided by these agencies.
- Ensures that programs include provisions for population specific care such as age (neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric), culture, language needs, and any other information that pertains to population specific care provisions.
- Participates in community education projects to improve health the community.
- Utilizes hospital designated e-learning system (e.g. HealthStream) to provide education.
- Tracks completion of mandatory education with communication to all staff regarding completion and appropriate deadline information.
- Ensures that educational programs provided are based on all regulatory agency, state, federal, and/or hospital specific requirements, QA issues, new equipment, new policies and programs, and other related needs.
- Oversees the Staff Development Coordinator for Long Term Care to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate CNA in-services based on Title XXII requirements.
- Sets-up, demonstrates, and teaches using of classroom equipment, AV equipment, and office equipment.
- Facilitates utilization of contract service providers (e.g. Flex Ed, HealthStream, etc.).
- On-going training and education for appropriate documentation based on regulatory requirements is ensured as follows:
- Demonstrates appropriate documentation of records for in-service training and education. Instructs others in this process.
- Follows proper procedure for ordering office supplies and materials and trains others in the procedure.
- Ensures documentation of hospital, educational, and regulatory requirements/standards are meet in a timely manner.
- Participates in hospital meetings and serves on appropriate committees as follows:
Gathers, disseminates and communicates information pertinent to education needs or deficits identified.
- Attends meetings as assigned and requested
- Coordinates department staff meetings.
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Serves on/attends appropriate hospital committees for informational purpose.
- Collaborates with department directors to provide, at the request of the department head, education programs as indicated.
- Maintains professional responsibilities to enhance Nurse Practice Act.
- Understands and functions within the scope of the California Nurse practice Act.
- Keeps all certification current.
- Plans for personal change and growth based on evaluation and feedback.
- Participates in setting measurable goals for performance.
- Manages department budget.
- Promotes positive image of Hospital and Clinics through selected community lectures and publications.
- Supervises education coordinator and ensures payroll is accurate.
- Demonstrates innovative learning styles to better meet the learning needs of a diverse workforce.
- Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer in strategies to gain Pathway to Excellence certification.
- Authors regular educational and facility newsletters.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN – required
- MSN – highly preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience – required
- Experience in acute care facility – preferred
- Current California RN License – required
- Current AHA BLS – required
- Certification in Professional Development thru the American Nurses Credentialing Center ANCC
- Knowledge of Education and Staff Development regulations and/or special interests and understanding of the adult education process with emphasis on both staff and patient ongoing education.
- Experience with online education programs.
- Knowledge of Title 22 requirements
- Team building, conflict management, appreciative inquiry.
- Must be able to sit for 2 hours or more and stand/walk for 4 hours or more per day.
- Must be able to lift and push up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to work with others, be self-directed and to perform a variety of assigned duties.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text