Job Opening in a larger hospital located in Washington, near Portland, Oregon, for a Director of Finance to join their team. Candidates MUST have HOSPITAL Finance system experience to be considered.
- Participates in the development of and implementation of financial policy, provides credible financial analyses, and guides decision making to preserve the financial position and performance of the organization.
- This role currently has 5 direct reports, and reports to one of our CFO’s.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises and coordinates the annual operating budget process and long range financial planning process assuring proper coordination with system financial strategic and capital planning processes.
- Provides high level as well as detailed analysis that supports budget targets and guidelines.
- Participates in system work to stream line data collection for the medical center.
- Reviews and coordinates financial reporting techniques to help make the most effective use of medical center resources.
- Provides management and staff education on financial reporting to provide a greater understanding of reporting requirements.
- Reports the financial results of the operations on a regular basis, assuring that financial reporting and analyses are tailored to the unique needs of each business unit.
- Interacts with financial decision support systems (cost accounting, contract analysis and financial reporting) that support the decision making activities of the region.
- Provides customized financial analyses supporting the understanding and development of business plans and new business ventures such as joint ventures, mergers and business acquisitions.
- Leads and oversees the regional analysis and reporting for governmental reimbursement programs (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
- Regularly evaluates and adjusts prices for all regional services in compliance with external requirements and consistent with system pricing policies.
- Responsible for overall organization, operation, personnel, and management for area of responsibility.
- Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel.
- Responsible for developing and implementing plans to meet or exceed customer needs and simultaneously assuring excellent quality and service outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent combination of education or experience is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience, with at least three years as financial supervisor in a hospital setting
License / Certification:
- CPA strongly desired.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial reporting policies and procedures in a hospital environment.
- Must have working knowledge of hospital’s accounting and data processing information systems.
- Must have critical thinking skills.
- Must have ability to work collaboratively.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text