Job Opening in a large health system, for a Director of HR Service Center to join their team. This position will be located in Northern NC, about 1 hr North of Raleigh, and about 40 mins from Durham, NC. The position will involve working with between 10-17 hospitals, and eventually an additional 60 facilities.
The position will involve handling payroll, call center duties, all transactional work, hiring, staffing, as well as managing employees who are both onsite and remote. You will be the one working with the HR team on edits, errors and posting of the job openings as well.
Looking for someone who can recruit, train, and work in a very fast paced environment. This year, they plan to add the remaining 60 facilities to their new computerized system which will be challenging, so they need someone who is up for this challenge.
For the first 8-9 months of the year, there will be a lot of travel involved. You can expect to be out of town at least 2 weeks a month (2-3 days each week) and then the travel involved will drop off significantly.
This Human Resources Director of Service Center is responsible for overseeing the effective operations of the Service Center, which currently supports 9 facilities across the US, with the goal of eventually supporting 70+ facilities. The Human Resources Director will play a key role in delivering high quality services to our hospitals and employees. This position will be responsible for providing management in developing and executing human resources transactional services. This person will also provide leadership to a team of HR Specialists both on site and remote.
- Direct day to day operations of the Service Center Specialists (SCS) team to ensure they meet and exceed established goals and service level agreements; provide appropriate corrective action
- Ensure proper recruitment, training, staffing and technology to handle ticket volume and contractual requirements
- Analyze HR Service Center data, provide reports on business trends, and partners with HR Business Partner and Centers of Excellence to determine root cause and identify improvement actions
- Partner with various HR professionals at multiple locations to ensure processes are followed
- Prepare, develop and analyze reports, collect and analyze data to improve the process and results
- Develop short and long-term business and strategic plans and organizational structure within the HR Service Center
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience required
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- 7+ years of HR experience required, including leadership responsibilities and multi-site experience; call center experience preferred
- 5+ years of Service Center management experience is ideal
- Hospital HR experience is a big plus
- Strong ability to develop spreadsheets and reports to analyze service benchmarks;
- Experience with budgeting and scheduling preferred
- Exceptional customer service, accountability, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills; strong ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Experience utilizing HRIS, payroll and applicant tracking systems, preferably Lawson and Taleo
- Experience creating influence and partnership through relationship building and communication
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to communicate and work directly with customers, stakeholders, subject matter experts and colleagues across the organization
- Ability to implement and sustain processes
This historic city is located in the Western North Carolina Mountains between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Great Smokies, 22 miles south of Asheville, and 15 miles north of the North-South Carolina border. It is located about 40 mins north of Raleigh. The Downtown area boasts a wide array of shopping, antique stores, galleries, museums, an aquarium and a variety of restaurants. Having a small town feel, this city offers amazing nature-based outdoor activities like camping, boating, golfing, fishing and more. The community offers a small-town feel but is less than an hour’s drive from the larger metropolitan areas of Durham and Raleigh. Residents enjoy a mild climate and superior local amenities including a wide variety of affordable and attractive housing; two country clubs; a revitalized downtown shopping and business district, designated as a National Register Historic District; more than 60 active civic clubs and community organizations, and a Community College.
A vast array of recreational pursuits are available nearby, including Kerr Lake. One of the largest lakes in the Southeast, it boasts more than 850 miles of shoreline, with everything from wooded shores and secluded coves to tranquil picnic areas and easy access to water sports like boating, fishing, skiing, sailing and wind surfing.
Competitive Salary Range!