Job Opening for a full-time Clinical Pharmacy Specialist – Oncology position located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Hospital nestled in the beautiful Land of Enchantment. Las Cruces offers a multitude of outdoor adventures, unique culinary experiences, vibrant heritage and culture, top-rated farmers markets and beautiful views of the Organ Mountains.
A mission of “Making Communities Healthier” allows every team member to focus on the exceptional care we provide our families, friends, and neighbors. We strive to create places where people choose to come for healthcare, physicians want to practice and employees want to work. Our focus in these areas is evident daily as we deliver high quality patient care, support our physicians, create excellent workplaces for our employees and take leadership roles our community all while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
Hospital is accredited through The Joint Commission for our Total Hip and Knee Joint Replacement Program, Commission on Cancer Accredited Program, and a Chest Pain Center accreditation through SCPC. We have been awarded the 2017 Readers Choice Favorite Hospital.
- Advances Pharmacy oncology practices.
- Works collaboratively with oncology pharmacy colleagues and as part of interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality of medication use through optimizing drug selection, ensuring safe medication use, and reduced drug expenditures. Partners with other healthcare professionals to develop evidence-based clinical pathways and/or treatment protocols, conduct utilization reviews, and identify opportunities to optimize medication use for patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff as appropriate. Serves as an active participant in Oncology related multidisciplinary teams including but not limited to formulary medication reviews and/or policy and procedure revision as necessary. Is able to assist with analyze process and outcome measures for use in assessing oncology-related patient outcomes and report impact of quality programs.
- In conjunction with the Investigational Drug Trials Coordinator, assist in coordination of oncology investigational drug services.
- Communicates directly with patients and their families on all aspects related to chemotherapy therapy promoting high levels of knowledge, engagement, and adherence.
- Demonstrates commitment to supporting the pharmacy student and residency programs (PGY-1 Pharmacy).
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems.
- Verify/Enter medication orders in pharmacy system.
- Minimum Education: Pharm.D. from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- PGY1 Pharmacy residency with specialized PGY2 Oncology training and BCOP strongly preferred.
- Candidates with 5 years full-time relevant oncology focused experience may be considered
- Oncology Center; Monday through Friday; business hours
- Eligible for or currently licensed to practice pharmacy in New Mexico
- Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 5 pm.
- The Cancer Center is not open Saturday or Sunday or evening shifts.
Our benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Program, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, AD&D insurance, Childcare assistance.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist Job: contact email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text