Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital centrally located about an hour from Raleigh and Fayetteville, North Carolina, for an experienced Med Surg Director to join their team.
- This is a full-time position.
- The selected candidate for this position will report to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Responsibilities include assessing, planning, implementing, directing, and evaluating patient care administration for his/her designated specialty, collaborate with other department directors on the health-care team to meet the needs of patients and responsible for capital budget.
- Ability to promote, implement and meet the Medical Center’s mission, vision and values.
- 51 bed unit
- 41 FTEs
- 6:1 ratio
- Some tele, mostly med monitoring
- Med Surg also has Infusion Unit
- Current state of NC Nurse Licensure, BSN required. MSN preferred or MBA.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience with evidence of leadership and program development.
- Leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, staff development, project management).
- Results oriented and engaged in collaborative goal setting.
- Displays sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates time management skills, including prioritization, timely follow up and deadlines.
- Quality performance monitoring, labor management, scheduling, clinical / contract and new hire processes.
- Evidence of preparing and monitoring annual Medical Surgical Budget.
- Computer knowledge of Meditech and Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Sound Fiscal Management skills.
The city is within an hour of the Raleigh, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Wilmington, and the beautiful North Carolina coast. If you are looking for a chance to get away and relax, come and stay with us at one of our historic inns or bed and breakfast. Here, you will find a friendly and welcoming community where neighbors come together to support one another. Historic homes and picturesque yards are sure to charm you when you visit our community. You can take a stroll along our tree-lined streets as you shop and dine in our beautiful downtown. In just a short drive from the city, you can reach the beautiful North Carolina beaches or award winning Eastern North Carolina wineries.
The Downtown area boasts a growing number and variety of shops, restaurants, and businesses which will eagerly serve you, no matter your interest. The city is also home to a robust and supportive business community, and the City offers business owners ample resources to build and maintain their business. Unlike life in a large city, you can’t remain alone for long here, and neither would you want to. Whether merely settling in for a night’s visit or settling down to make a home, you’ll feel the powerful bonds of community that have led this city to being named an “All-America City.” Take in a performance, view an art exhibit, learn about our heritage, or attend a street festival. Downtown hosts events that have grown in attendance and quality each year.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text