Job Opening for a Laboratory Directory in a 100+ bed hospital located in North Central TN about 1.5 hrs from Nashville. Candidates must have a laboratory supervisor certificate and be licensed in TN already.
- The Laboratory Director shall perform and demonstrate proficiency and understanding in one or more areas of the clinical laboratory, assists in instructing other personnel as assigned, performs with a perceptive depth of clinical laboratory tests and procedures which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility.
- Maintains the highest degree of quality patient care at all times. We are looking for a leader with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a lab setting. The ideal candidate will be able to motivate and create an environment that fosters positivity while focusing on productivity.
- We are looking for someone with a positive outlook and an approachable demeanor.
- Candidate must have Lab Supervisor Certification for the state of TN.
FTEs: 15-16 FTEs. Long tenured staff in the Lab.
Lab can see anywhere from 200-1500 tests a day
Position Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the financial, personal, medical or employment status of patients/families at LRH.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and hospital.
- Must report safety hazards and initiate appropriate action.
- Must participate in safety instructional programs.
- Develops, reviews, and revises departmental structure to optimize effective use of authority, responsibility and communication.
- Determines departmental budgetary requirements with regards to capital equipment, operational expenses and revenue.
- Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Formulates departmental goals in measurable terms, evaluates status of goal achievement, and revises goals on an annual basis.
- Responsible for hiring and terminating employees according to established hospital policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in the departmental new-employee orientation program.
- Maintains departmental records according to established hospital policy and accrediting agency standards.
- Prepares staff work schedules and approves weekly payroll records.
- Implements and supports hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist technical personnel when necessary in the evaluation of new equipment and procedures.
- Maintains adequate levels of necessary equipment and supplies. Controls supply usage.
- Recommends and assists in the preparation on the departmental continuing education programs including Laboratory compliance.
- Demonstrates professional and independent judgment at all times.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy in obtaining specimens for all age groups served.
- Shows competency in performing testing procedures and LIS computer system.
- Effectively uses laboratory equipment, notifies physicians, staff of down equipment.
- Delivers laboratory results to patient care areas in a timely fashion.
- Performs, evaluates and reports quality control monitoring on laboratory tests.
- Maintain effective relationships with other hospital personnel in the hospital.
- Participates in continuing education programs and related professional activities.
- 90 day evaluations for staff must be completed and sent to H.R. within 100 days of hire/transfer
- Performs other duties and functions necessary to the effective and quality operation of the Dept.
- Intervene when conditions threaten life, health or damage to equipment or building
Required Education, Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in related health field required.
- MT license, ASCP certification
- TN State License as General Technologist with Supervisor Experience
- Previous supervisory experience required ( 5 years Laboratory Technologist experience);
- Previous experience preferred (Supervisory experience preferred)
This town is situated halfway between Nashville and Knoxville, Tennessee. Picture rolling green hills under a canopy of hardwood forests, the sounds of running water from our many creeks and streams, and the musical singing of numerous birds and wildlife. The town is only minutes from Dale Hollow Lake and Standing Stone State Park. This is a place where everyone knows their neighbor and will speak to strangers on the street. We have four distinct seasons with green grass and flowers in the spring, clear blue summer skies, beautiful foliage in fall, and even some snowfall in winter. We have a diverse plurality of churches for people to attend.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Laboratory Director job: contact email@example.com
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text