Job Opening for a Lab Director in a large health system near the Tucson, AZ area. The Director will be responsible for 3 hospitals, 2 of which are quite large and 1 that is a Critical Access Hospital. They are looking for someone who has Lab Director experience, preferably overseeing multiple locations. There are two managers reporting into the position.
- Develop and articulate mission and vision, develop financial and budget targets and quality measures.
- Is responsible for ongoing interface and frequent communication with patients, customers, employees and management to ensure customer/patient satisfaction.
- Effectively manage change, facilitate innovation and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality and most cost effective laboratory product possible.
- Accountable for all aspects of development, management and financial success of Laboratory Services for all of the Health System.
- Required: Bachelor (BS, BA) in clinical laboratory sciences area or any related field.
- Required: National Incident Management System (NIMS) class to be completed within 6 mo of position date.
- Preferred: Master’s in Business, Management, Health Administration or Health related field.
- Required: ASCP, NCA or equivalent, which meets CLIA 88 criteria.
- Preferred: Specialty areas.
- Required: 7 years related lab experience and 7 years of supervisory/management experience required in a hospital laboratory.
- Preferred: 10 years supervisory/management experience.
- Required: Team building, systems thinking, complex problem solving, negotiating and influencing, change and conflict management, data analysis, coaching and mentoring, strategic planning, business strategy development.
- Preferred: Basic Human Resources Management, interpersonal communication.
- Required: Quality improvement process, related health care practices and standards, recent JCAHO and CLIA accreditation
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text