Job Opening for an ICU Director located in a hospital in South central Virginia near the North Carolina border. This person will be overseeing 21 FTEs in the 19 bed ICU.
- Directs the department’s activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives established in conjunction with upper management, such as, quality improvement, fiscal productivity, and patient satisfaction.
- Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer, and the Director ICU will lead in planning, directing and managing the department and staff to assure quality service on a 24-hour basis for the Intensive Care Unit.
- Graduate of a Program in Nursing. Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) year’s experience in acute care nursing required.
- One (1) year management experience as a full-time charge nurse, clinical manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor required. Experience at the Director level preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Virginia or compact state required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Intensive Care Unit Director Job: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text