Job Opening for an ER Director in a hospital located South central Virginia near the North Carolina border. This person will be overseeing 62 FTEs in the 30 bed ER.
- Develops objectives, policies and procedures for the department cost centers to formalize and implement the mission, vision, and values of the hospital.
- Maintains the standards, customer relations, and practice in the designated areas of responsibility.
- Accountabilities include: quality of service, fiscal management, regulatory compliance, physician, inter and intradepartmental relations, personnel management.
- Responsible for overseeing departmental human resources functions including staffing, staff relations, orientation, education and competency assessment.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local laws and regulations, as well as CMS and TJC requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current health care environment and future trends.
- Graduate of a professional nursing school required. Bachelors of Nursing or related field required.
- 7 years of ER experience, 3-5 years in a supervisory role.
- A combination of 7 or more years of training, education, and experience may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Masters in Nursing, Business or Health Care Administration preferred.
Located in south-central Virginia along the North Carolina border, within a day’s drive of two-thirds of the nation’s population, this city boasts historical landmarks, recreational opportunities and beautiful rolling countryside. Places Rated Almanac magazine ranked the city the 61st most affordable place to live in the United States, with the 11th lowest housing costs and the 27th lowest crime rate, out of 351 metropolitan areas. This city is quickly becoming a hotbed of culture in southern Virginia. Enjoy the City’s rare combination of small town charm and big city offerings!
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text