Job Opening for a Director of Quality, Risk and Safety in a Regional Hospital Nevada – 75 Bed Facility
Experience: 3-5 years
Education: AD in Nursing required; BSN preferred
Benefits: Comprehensive Package
Hospital is looking for a full time Director to work as a leader of our Quality, Risk, and Safety Department of four (4) staff members. 8-hours shifts, five days per week.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements and objectives of hospital.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orientation, evaluating, disciplinary actions, payroll, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Serve as the lead contact for various surveys and audits, such as The Joint Commission (TJC), OSHA, SAR,s etc..
75-bed facility, you’re more than just an employee; you’re part of our family. Community population approximately 35,000. We are located at the base of the beautiful Mountains, elevation level 5,000.
Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company paid basic life and AD&D insurance, Supplemental and Voluntary insurance options, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off/Holidays, tuition reimbursement program, cell phone discounts, and Flexible Health Spending Account/Dependent Care Account options.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred (RN NOT required)
Five years’ experience in quality and risk management in a health care setting. Nursing or health care administration.
Nevada licensed Registered Nurse. American Heart Association BLS required upon hire.
- Requires knowledge of department and hospital policies and procedures, OSHA, TJC standards.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, typed, auditory or visual fashion is essential.
- The methods used to express or exchange ideas are by spoken, written, or typed words.
- Written and manual dexterity skills are also required for the position.
- Ability to assess a variety of complex situations and determine the most effective means to resolve situations.
- Leadership skills in decision making, problem solving, and interpersonal relations are involved in the daily contacts of working with department directors.
- Sets the climate for cooperation between co-workers and shifts for a smooth-running operation.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text