Job Opening for a Director of Women’s Services in a Hospital – 75 Bed Facility located in Nevada.
3-5 years Director level
Bachelor’s Degree required – RN Required
Hospital is looking for a Women’s Services Director. This is a full time position for a Registered Nurse to manage our busy 15 bed Women’s Services Department. We typically have 45-50 births per month. The department is family centered couplet care. Patient Ratio follows AWHONN Guidelines. Labor patients 1:2 until active labor and then 1:1 until post-partum and then 1:4. The successful candidate will manage a high functioning team with strong support systems in place.
This position oversees the operations of Labor & Delivery and Post-Partum Departments and Newborn Nursery. Plans, directs and coordinates all operational activities for areas of responsibility. Develops policies and procedures as well as the quality improvement programs for areas of responsibility. Develops the capital and operating budgets. Ensures areas of responsibility are appropriately staffed by hiring and retaining competent staff. As a member of Northeastern Nevada Regional Hospital’s management team makes a significant contribution to the public’s perception of the hospital. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for positive customer satisfaction results.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines as set by federal, state, local and other agencies (i.e, JCAHO, Medicare, CMS).
- Facilitates positive productive relationships with physicians.
- Hospital 75-bed facility, you’re more than just an employee; you’re part of our family.
- Community population approximately 35,000.
- We are located at the base of the beautiful Ruby Mountains, elevation level 5,000.
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance,
- company paid basic life and AD&D insurance,
- Supplemental and Voluntary insurance options,
- 401K with employer match,
- Paid Time Off/Holidays,
- tuition reimbursement program,
- cell phone discounts, and Flexible Health Spending Account/Dependent Care Account options.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
Minimum 5 years of acute care hospital experience. Obstetric, fetal monitoring, and nursing leadership experience required.
Nevada licensed Registered Nurse. American Heart Association certifications in BLS, ACLS, and NRP required on hire.
- Requires knowledge of department and hospital policies and procedures.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, typed, auditory or visual fashion is essential.
- The methods used to express or exchange ideas are by spoken, written, or typed words.
- Written and manual dexterity skills are also required for the position.
- Ability to assess a variety of complex situations and determine the most effective means to resolve situations.
- Leadership skills in decision making, problem solving, and interpersonal relations are involved in the daily contacts of working with department directors.
- Sets the climate for cooperation between co-workers and shifts for a smooth-running operation.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text