Job Opening in a large hospital near Charlotte, NC for a Laboratory Manager to join their team. Candidates MUST have experience in chemistry and hematology in high volume laboratory. This is a Day shift position.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Clinical Laboratory, including the planning, budgeting, supervision, and evaluation of all department programs and services. Assures that the section objectives are accomplished effectively, efficiently, and economically.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the daily efficient operation of assigned sections of the laboratory, good quality assurance practices, scheduling, equipment and record keeping, maintenance of adequate supply inventory.
- Maintains all Corporate Compliance and regulatory requirements (CAP, TJC, OSHA) to ensure continual readiness in the department assigned.
- Assists leadership with development of long-range operational plans relative to services, programs, capital and Human Resource planning to include recommending of space and other resources needed.
- Assists with development of annual operational and capital budgets, reconciling variances within a required timeframe.
- Directs activities in the department relative to Human Resources to include timely submission of performance evaluations. Maintains accurate and current database and files of all employees. Coordinates all new employee orientation.
- Performs technical or clinical testing to ensure laboratory operations and uptime of patient test systems where applicable.
- Must be a Medical Technologist.
- Must have experience in chemistry and hematology in high volume laboratory.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least five years prior supervisory or managerial experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
- MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), HTL(ASCP) or CT(ASCP) required where technical or clinical testing is performed.
- Advanced education level is preferred
- MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) certification
- M-F, 1st shift 8a-4:30p, off shift and weekends only as needed
- This is a salaried/exempt position
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text