Job Opening for a Director of Nursing-Women’s and Children’s Services located in Nebraska.
- We have an exciting nursing leadership opportunity to join our experienced and respected organization.
- We are actively seeking a Director of Nursing to lead our Women’s and Children’s Services division.
- As a Nebraska governed, nonprofit health system, we are dedicated to giving exceptional care to the patients we serve, educating tomorrow’s providers, and collaborating with others throughout our region to continually improve those we serve.
- The areas of responsibility would include an 18 bed Pediatrics and Women’s Health unit, 30 bed Level 3 NICU, 15 bed Labor and Delivery, and 32 beds dedicated to Mother/Baby.
- The Nursing Director would also be accountable for the comprehensive administration of key functions, roles, systems and processes for Women’s and Children’s Services.
- Direct reports are 5 (4 managers and 1 Educator) Total head count under this position is 270
- Position would report to the CNO
- There is a performance based incentive
- Relocation assistance is negotiable
- Physician relationships, patient satisfaction, and employee satisfaction are the key drivers
- 200 deliveries per month
- Level 3 NICU
- L/D 15 beds, Mother/Baby 32 beds (Split on 2 units), NICU 17 beds, and Peds/WH 18 beds
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
- Functions as Director for areas of responsibility ensuring alignment with the provision of patient care.
- Assures that clinical staff resources and assignments are consistent with meeting patient care needs.
- Activates resources and integrates nursing services with other departments to foster patient-centered care.
- Assures consistency in interpretation and application of the care delivery model, mission, vision and beliefs of the organization.
- Develops capital and operating budgets with input from mangers for areas of responsibility in accordance with budget timetables.
- Works with managers and staff to assure expenses are within budget parameters for areas of responsibility; reviews and analyzes budget and other management reports and takes action as needed to assure effective and efficient operations.
- Reviews and analyzes budget and other management reports and takes action as needed to assure effective and efficient operations for areas of responsibility.
- Develops and sustains standards of care and practices which are consistent with current trends for existing programs/services.
- Resolves clinical concerns by patients, families, and physicians; promotes medical staff relationships.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience in a clinical position related to the area of assignment required.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in management or supervisory role required.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text