Job Opening in a 200 bed hospital for a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Oncology) located in New Mexico, about 1 hour from El Paso, TX, to join their team. The town is nestled in the beautiful Land of Enchantment. The town offers a multitude of outdoor adventures, unique culinary experiences, vibrant heritage and culture, top-rated farmers markets and beautiful views of the Organ Mountains.
- Advances Pharmacy oncology practices.
- Works collaboratively with oncology pharmacy colleagues and as part of interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality of medication use through optimizing drug selection, ensuring safe medication use, and reduced drug expenditures.
- Partners with other healthcare professionals to develop evidence-based clinical pathways and/or treatment protocols, conduct utilization reviews, and identify opportunities to optimize medication use for patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff as appropriate.
- Serves as an active participant in Oncology related multidisciplinary teams including but not limited to formulary medication reviews and/or policy and procedure revision as necessary.
- Is able to assist with analyze process and outcome measures for use in assessing oncology-related patient outcomes and report impact of quality programs. In conjunction with the Investigational Drug Trials Coordinator, assist in coordination of oncology investigational drug services.
- Communicates directly with patients and their families on all aspects related to chemotherapy therapy promoting high levels of knowledge, engagement, and adherence.
- Demonstrates commitment to supporting the MMC pharmacy student and residency programs (PGY-1 Pharmacy).
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems.
- Verify/Enter medication orders in pharmacy system.
- Minimum Education: Pharm.D. from an accredited College of Pharmacy.
- PGY1 Pharmacy residency with specialized PGY2 Oncology training and BCOP strongly preferred.
- Candidates with 5 years full-time relevant oncology focused experience may be considered
- Hospital Oncology Center;
- Monday through Friday; business hours
- Eligible for or currently licensed to practice pharmacy in New Mexico
- Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This city is located in the verdant Mesilla Valley in southern New Mexico and is the 2nd largest city in the state (larger than Santa Fe). The area has been “home” for humans for at least 4,000 years, and that’s no surprise to anyone who has seen this town. The area offers a vast selection of annual events and attractions, great weather with an average of 350 days of sunshine a year! With a mild high-desert climate and spectacular views of soaring mountains and the Rio Grande Valley, this area was once home to the likes of Geronimo, Billy the Kid and the early Spanish settlers of New Spain. Today, with the influences of New Mexico State University, White Sands Missile Range and the wonderful cultural diversity of a border town, the city is the ideal place to live, work and raise a family.
Competitive Salary Range!
How to apply for the Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (Oncology) position: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text