Job Opening in a large, highly respected hospital system located in the Mid-Atlantic the location near Baltimore, MD for a Nurse Manager, Inpatient Psychiatry.
- The Manager of Inpatient Psychiatry will oversee 24×7 operation of the Inpatient Psychiatry Unit.
- The Manager will supervise 3 direct reports (assistant nurse managers) and roughly 40-50 indirect reports across the unit.
- Responsible for staff evaluations, disciplines, ensuring staff competencies are completed, and interaction with other disciplines on the unit including social work, environmental services, dietary and housekeeping.
- The Manager will represent the unit in meetings throughout the hospital at a leadership level, and be responsible for ensuring that safe, age-appropriate patient care is provided during hours of unit operation.
- This is a 24-bed general adult short-term psychiatric unit that provides care for patients 18 years of age and older.
- The unit operates on a crisis stabilization model and has an average six-day length of stay.
- The unit has the capacity to handle geriatric patients and others with concurrent medical conditions, and accepts both voluntary and involuntary patients.
- Six of the beds are reserved for high-risk patients.
- Patients typically come from the hospital’s Emergency Department, Medicine, or outside ER’s.
- The unit’s nursing team is currently fully staffed.
- BSN from a CCNE accredited School of Nursing and an MSN, MS, MA, MHA, or MBA is required
- 5 years of progressive nursing experience in behavioral health with preference for demonstrated progression in supervisory responsibilities
- Maryland Registered Nurse License
- American Heart Association CPR Cert; Neonatal resuscitation program per unit guidelines; Advanced Life Support per unit guidelines; PALS per unit guideline; Nat’l Cert. in Administration or Area of Specialty
- Can offer a variety of options for living, from City to Rural. The area is very accessible to all needed services, historical and cultural offerings.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text