Job Opening in a large, highly respected hospital system located in the Mid-Atlantic the location near Baltimore, MD for a Nurse Manager, Emergency Department and Observation Unit.
- The Nurse Manager will oversee the Emergency Department and Observation Unit.
- The Emergency Room at this Hospital is a level III ER currently seeing over 60,000 patients per year and has 61 beds for urgent care, fast-track, and psychiatric patients.
- There are 150 FTEs in the ER.
- This role will directly supervise two assistant nurse managers.
- The Observation Area is a 20 bed unit with 60 FTEs, a 1:5 nurse ratio, and permanent charge nurses.
- The ER department treats major and minor illnesses, typically related to cardiac and behavioral health.
- Additionally, ER staff may provide care for orthopedic injuries or minor trauma.
- ER has a rapid care area as well, designated for minor illnesses.
- Staff members of ER are outgoing and positive, and must utilize strong organizational and leadership skills to assess patient status, and be able to effectively implement clinical nursing interventions to modify symptoms.
- Assumes 24-hour accountability for the coordination of resources to ensure quality service to all customers, reflecting the mission, vision, and philosophy of the Hospital and the Department of Nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree; BSN; National certification preferred
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing or related field required
- 5-7 years of experience
- Clinical ER experience
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- Maryland Registered Nurse License; CPR Certification; Credentialed in area of expertise preferred
- Can offer a variety of options for living, from City to Rural. The area is very accessible to all needed services, historical and cultural offerings.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text