Job Opening for an experienced Healthcare CEO at a mental health organization with two locations in OH to join their team. The CEO will be working out of the location that is about 30-40 minutes from Dayton, OH. They are looking for someone with strong Business experience in Healthcare. Clinical experience in Mental Health Services is a definite plus! Candidates are required to have a Master’s Degree. Strong experience with Medicare and Medicaid, JCAHO experience are a MUST! Prefer candidates in OH or close by. Current CEO is retiring at the end of the year. Would like someone in place before that or by Jan 2019.
Directs the organization and its delivery of safe, high quality services to the community in a cost-effective manner. Has final responsibility for the organization, for the fiscal and clinical integrity of the organization, and for the organization’s acceptance and image in the community. Manages a multi-corporate configuration made up of health/rehabilitation professionals from varied disciplines, management personnel and support staff. Responsible for the daily operation of the organization, physical assets of the organization, for planning the nature of services that will be delivered in the future and guiding the organization in the direction that will assure long-term effectiveness and well-being. Responsible for interfacing with funding sources to obtain the fiscal resources needed to deliver mental health services to the community.
Major & Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the effective organization and administration in order to assure the delivery of high quality and cost-effective mental health/substance abuse services to the community.
- Develops strategic planning and decision-making that guides the long and short term functioning of the organization.
- Implements the efficient functioning of the organization through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties and responsibility.
- Provides for information and support systems and infection prevention and control programs.
- Develops policies and criteria for accountability to ensure efficient and effective administration of the organization.
- Protects the physical and financial assets, secures the resources, monitors and oversees the finance function so as to provide for the effective management of all fiscal and funding aspects of the organization.
- Monitors and oversees the Human Resources function which provides for effective management of personnel through sound policies and practices.
- Provides oversight and monitors the medical function of the organization. Participates in Medical Staff meetings and works with the Chief Clinical Officer to ensure safe and effective delivery of care, treatment and services.
- Prepares and issues special or regular reports as are required by the Board of Directors and/or funding sources.
- Responsible for effective programming which meets minimum standards as specified by The Joint Commission, CMS, Ohio Medicaid, OMHAS, and the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy. Ensures that corrective action plans are successfully implemented.
- Monitors and oversees the annual evaluation for the agency’s performance in relation to the mission, vision and goals.
- Obtains, develops, coordinates, and distributes sufficient resources to assure that the organization is capable of providing safe, high quality services to the clients and community.
- Monitors and oversees the Information Management systems and function, ensuring that effective resources are available to aid in providing high quality care.
- Provides for the organization’s compliance with applicable law and regulation. Reviews and promptly responds to reports and recommendations from planning, regulatory and inspecting agencies.
- Reports to the Board of Directors the nature and extent of funding, describes to them the program operations and evaluative data dealing with the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Monitors and oversees the Quality and Performance Improvement function to sustain high standards of therapeutic care.
- Regularly schedules and attends interdepartmental meetings, departmental meetings and advisory committee meetings for the purpose of promoting smooth organization operation, delivery of high quality services, and short and long term organization planning and program implementation.
- Appoints appropriate departmental representatives to multi-disciplinary committees of MHS to promote enhanced service delivery and efficient utilization of organization resources.
- Chairs the Strategic Management Group (SMG) in which he/she elicits information and technical counsel with which organizational policies and planning are formed.
- Pulls together the various functions and elements of MHS to form comprehensive and salient organizational policies.
- Monitors the public relations of the organization and serves as the spokesperson to the newspaper, radio, and television.
- Develops and maintains effective communication with the Board of Directors on a collective and individual basis concerning organization operation and long-term planning.
- Serves as the representative of the organization to all community, state, and national mental health/substance abuse associations so as to keep current on developing technology, trends in service delivery and operations of community mental health/substance abuse centers.
- Responsible for identifying a nurse leader at the executive level who participates in decision making.
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communication with area social service agencies, related boards, councils, and organizations in the county areas.
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communication with public officials in county areas to promote support for the organization.
- Develops and maintains effective lines of communication with the leadership team of the organization in order to enhance organizational operation and service delivery.
- Supports a culture of safety and quality and demonstrates commitment to maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff.
Degree in one of the following professions:
Degree MUST be a Master’s Degree in Business/Accounting, Psychology, Social Work
Skills & Knowledge:
Management Skills Clinical Supervision
Administrative Skills Treatment Centered
Supervisory Skills Diagnosis
Accounting Individual Counseling
Human Resources Group Counseling
Public Relations Inpatient
Interpersonal Skills Day Hospital
Organizational Skills Outpatient
Required Inservice (Annual Requirements)
- Client Rights
- Corporate Compliance
- Fire Safety
- Infection Control
- Quality Improvement
- Safety Awareness
Required Job Related Skills
- 5 to 7 years of leadership experience
- Employees supervised: 220
- Supervised by: Board of Directors
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text