Job Opening in a 100+ bed hospital centrally located about an hour from Raleigh and Fayetteville, NC, for an experienced Director of Discharge Planning.
This position will be overseeing Discharge Planning, Utilization Review and Case Management. You will be overseeing 4 FTEs but they do plan this number to grow as they plan to expand the department. Candidates MUST have CDI experience and experience with appeals and authorization certification. There is lots of room for improvement with this position with growth being planned for it. It is a VITAL role for the hospital as what happens here affects the finances and patient care in the hospital. Candidates must have Manager or Director experience in Discharge Planning. The current Director is retiring at the end of the year.
- The selected candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer and supervise social worker/discharge planner and case managers.
- The Director of Discharge Planning is a Registered Nurse who is responsible for assisting the Utilization Review and Discharge Planning Department of the Medical Center.
- Responsibilities include acting as a liaison between physicians, nurses, ancillary departments, community agencies, third party payers, the patient and family in assessing needs and formulating discharge plans to facilitate continuity of care at the appropriate level;
- Daily MCG screening activities designed to validate the eligibility for payment of all care rendered within the Medical Center;
- Obtaining pre-certification and re-certifications for inpatient stays;
- Completes and monitors the budget for the Utilization/Discharge Planning Department;
- Performs annual review and updates the Utilization Review plan to ensure compliance with Federal regulations (Title 42 Part 456 of Federal Utilization Control Plan);
- Presents any revisions to the UR plan to North Carolina Department of Health Human Services, Division of Medical Assistance, and the Medical Executive Committee of the Medical Center for approval.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN required
- Current RN licensure in North Carolina
- Case Management Certification
- Experience in Utilization Review
- 2 years minimum experience in acute care setting
- Knowledge of Patient Referral system, Home Health programs, DRG’s, Quality Review and Third-Party Reimbursement
The city is within an hour of the Raleigh, Fayetteville, Goldsboro, Wilmington, and the beautiful North Carolina coast. If you are looking for a chance to get away and relax, come and stay with us at one of our historic inns or bed and breakfast. Here, you will find a friendly and welcoming community where neighbors come together to support one another. Historic homes and picturesque yards are sure to charm you when you visit our community. You can take a stroll along our tree-lined streets as you shop and dine in our beautiful downtown. In just a short drive from the city, you can reach the beautiful North Carolina beaches or award winning Eastern North Carolina wineries.
The Downtown area boasts a growing number and variety of shops, restaurants, and businesses which will eagerly serve you, no matter your interest. The city is also home to a robust and supportive business community, and the City offers business owners ample resources to build and maintain their business. Unlike life in a large city, you can’t remain alone for long here, and neither would you want to. Whether merely settling in for a night’s visit or settling down to make a home, you’ll feel the powerful bonds of community that have led this city to being named an “All-America City.” Take in a performance, view an art exhibit, learn about our heritage, or attend a street festival. Downtown hosts events that have grown in attendance and quality each year.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text