Job Opening for an Evening shift Lab Manager in a large healthcare system in the Charlotte, NC area. MUST have acute care hospital lab management experience or a reference lab!
Strongly preferred- experience working in a high volume reference lab; experience in lean management.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates all the activities within the technical operations of the CLN-Core Lab on second and third shifts.
- Leads and develops team members in the execution of the lab responsibilities.
- Manages the Core Lab as an operational unit.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads, supervises, administers, plans and supports the development and coordination of team member, process improvements, and support testing operations.
- Teaches and develops direct reports to perform roles.
- Attends daily huddles and weekly leader huddles.
- Supports the development of solutions for complex problems based on facts, observations, experience and judgment. Escalates problems as needed. Coaches and develops direct reports to lead problem solving activities.
- Ensures the quality of testing throughout the Core Lab.
- Ensures quality issues are investigated and countermeasures are implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensures abnormal conditions or quality issues are documented and reported.
- Ensures continuous effort to identify sources of waste and develops plans to eliminate sources of waste.
- Provides input on the development of a long-range strategic plan relative to services, programs, human resources, capital needs and other resource requirements.
- Provides input to annual operations plan with departmental goals, dashboards, key activities, time lines, and resource requirements.
- Ensures input is clearly defined and understood by all team members and stakeholders.
- Works with the Core lab leadership to develop and implement annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensures that the Core Lab is adequately staffed and managed during off shifts.
- Coordinates with Human Resources on a continual basis on plans to meet future volume and service requirements.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects Group Leaders, Team Leaders, and other team members.
- Evaluates and counsels direct reports and team members relative to performance, conduct, attendance, and adherence to Core Lab policies and procedures.
- Develops a succession plan for each level of Core Lab team members and leadership.
- Ensures all requirements of applicable regulatory agencies (federal, state, local) are satisfied at all times.
- Supports the activities of the Core Lab Director and provide leadership coverage when the Director is not present.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field required;
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Business, Science or another related field is preferred.
- 3 years of relevant leadership experience required; Group Leader and Team Leader experience counts as leadership experience.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results.
Competitive Salary Range!
Executive & Management Recruitment Services
(415) 770-1200 – call/text